David Battistella
Well-known member
- Joined
- Apr 30, 2007
- Messages
- 10,003
- Reaction score
- 6
- Points
- 38
Way to go!
David
David
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: this_feature_currently_requires_accessing_site_using_safari
switch back to raven today, for at least one of the bodiesLol I guess I screwed myself. Ordered 2 ravens on second day. Didn't switch over to S-W til around NAB so I guess I do go back to the end of the line. What do you think - I should just ask for my $1000 back and wait til these are shipping off the line? I could use that $1000 now (been sitting in an account doing nothing now for about 7 months.)
More good news for the RAVEN crowd, I guess.
The only scarlet-w's that are in the wild are ones that were shipped to Raven switchers who were allowed to jump the line. Nobody who actually just ordered a Scarlet-W has yet received one. Scarlet-W packages were also supposed to ship in March and now we are being told it won't start until potentially June.
People who ordered from dealers have received them, but nobody who directly ordered with a December 10th timestamp has come forward that I have seen. Since RED doesn't release what timestamp they are working on, I can't see how you would know otherwise unless you've seen a post that I haven't.
Yeah, those don't really count, at least in the queue we're discussing.Yes the one from the dealers I mean..![]()
To Brent and Jarred,
I am a Raven to Scarlet-W Switcher with 2 cameras on order on 2 accounts (Im an administrator on one of them, 10/27/15 time stamp). I'm happy for all of those with Raven orders who will finally see some attention, but this puts switchers like me in an incredibly frustrating predicament. I switched my order with the promise of getting a camera sooner. With an October time stamp I was supposed to be notified over a week ago (As a Pre-scarlet-W annoucement switcher). When I wasn't I was promised by my rep (who is great by the way, Brent told me to reach out to my rep) that I would be allocated on the very next blast. Now imagine the feeling after waiting patiently for another week with the thought that you are next in line only to discover that the rules have changed again and now you have to wait another 30 days at least. Now I have not been one of those on the forum complaining, but It's kind of a slap in the face and I really feel the sting. I understand that we shouldn't have planned shoots around a camera that is not in our hands, but when pre-order a camera with a February/March ship date from a great company like RED, you generally assume that you will receive a camera by early summer. Add to the the info you guys put out on this forum about pre-NAB notifications, and one assumes they will be taken care of (especially with my time stamp from 10/27/15), however, I'm at the point where I have no idea when I will receive the camera, because who is to say how things will change yet again at the end of this month. I would love to take you up on the loaner camera but at this point it really feels like a shot in the Dark. Please help guys.
Eladio