Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Lease to Buy Inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eston Diaz

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 29, 2011
Messages
269
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Los Angeles
Disregard. I was unaware of the current problems of previous transactions. I no longer am looking to lease to buy anything at this time. Thank You Mr. Rossi for the information on the problems these transactions have been causing.
 
Last edited:
Looking for a lease to buy arrangement on an R1-MX for any one looking to sale. Any one interested PM me.
If you enter a lease-buy arrangement the RED ONE camera involved most likely will not be eligible for a Stage two or Stage three upgrade offer.
 
Do you know what the status is with the lease to buy deals purchased before the "No more leases " statement was made by Jarrard like the ones you brokered Ketch ?

I understood that Red was handling on a case by case basis. Perhaps calling in with a SN will get you the answer you are looking for.
 
Do you know what the status is with the lease to buy deals purchased before the "No more leases " statement was made by Jarrard like the ones you brokered Ketch ?

As I posted on that particular thread, I am in direct contact with RED, and trust that RED will do what is best for all, their company and us, end users.

I have and will continue to send them all the info on the deals done during the past year and a half, so that what ever little assistance in diminishing a Logistic nightmare can be provided I will.

Brent at RED is in charge of transfers of ownerships, and He is the one receiving my info on all Brokered deals, which include serial numbers, stages, and e-mails of those involved,
so that He can then contact every one as how to proceed, I believe it would better for those of you that used my Brokering services, to either wait for Brent to contact you, or contact me first.

I don't wish for all of you to start emailing Brent, and create yet an aggravated logistic issue, were Brent is wasting time responding to questions, instead of proceeding to taking care of business.


Alos Only stage II deals are now been processed, NO STAGE 3 or 3.5, so don't bother him with those either, and please also wait to email me about those when stage 3 and 3.5 commences,
as I too, have been slammed with emails that I can barely keep up with.

Thanks.



NOTE:

I seriously discourage any one form continue or do any NEW Selling and or buying of any cameras with any pending STAGES, as they will simply NOT be accepted by RED, and both buyer and seller will be at a loos.
 
Ketch, I haven't been following this tooooo closely because I'm not personally involved, but am I right in saying the issue RED had with Stage 2 deals, as very clear stated by Jarred, was people who hadn't complied with the spirit and letter of 'KEEP your RED ONE'?

Is it correct to say that RED don't, as far as you know, have a problem with people who have kept their RED ONE, but have made the decision, for whatever reason, to immediately sell their Stage 2 EPIC when they receive it? In fact, if I'm not imagining it, I think I even saw a post to the effect that RED would facilitate that process by registering the transfer at the time of sale, and shipping the EPIC directly to the new owner?

Or is my memory flaky?

Hopefully Stage 3 will be more straightforward since there's no 'keep' involved and all cameras end up back with RED!

Mike
 
With all due respect to those involved (And I mean that sincerely) there needs to be a firmly stated policy from Red that will be adhered to and answer people's questions. In absence of that they should be open to all inquiries, and prepared to answer them in a timely fashion. The decision to handle things on a case by case basis may have been a noble one, but it comes with a burden.

Red did not create the problem so people should have some patience with them, but it is not proper to leave customers in limbo. Asking folks who may have been put in jeopardy not to inquire about their position is also improper.

The purveyors of these deals should be making EVERY effort to facilitate a resolution, even if that means taking some heat. Unfortunately for the middle man that means heat on both sides, but that is the risk of being a creative broker, I guess. Now it's really time to earn the commission.
 
Last edited:
With all due respect to those involved (And I mean that sincerely) there needs to be a firmly stated policy from Red that will be adhered to and answer people's questions. In absence of that they should be open to all inquiries, and prepared to answer them in a timely fashion. The decision to handle things on a case by case basis may have been a noble one, but it comes with a burden.

Red did not create the problem so people should have some patience with them, but it is not proper to leave customers in limbo. Asking folks who may have been put in jeopardy not to inquire about their position is also improper.

The purveyors of these deals should be making EVERY effort to facilitate a resolution, even if that means taking some heat. Unfortunately for the middle man that means heat on both sides, but that is the risk of being a creative broker, I guess. Now it's really time to earn the commission.


For the first 7 months I done this was FREE, and many of those I assisted and not just by brokering their gear for FREE, but also providing them with the agreement for FREE,
then not only it become a full time job, but also I found my self very hill and unable to go about out of my house, so I started making money.

At any given point any one that came to my house, surely can tell you how much have I EARNED my commission...


As I had never less then Half a Million dollar worth of gear seating in my house, Hundreds of RED parts with 6 to a dozen cameras or more, sending them to
RED for the MX upgrade, sending the parts to fix and paying for it out of pocket, and so on, hence hope that my commission has bee already earned... ;)

As far as what I am doing now, I am staying behind all of those that trusted me, and have stated more then once that I am directly working on it with RED, and as instructed by Jarred,
am providing Brent with all needed info of this agreements I have done, so that proper handling can be made.

What I am suggesting is not, that those involved in my Brokering services, should not contact RED and or me, but that should they give priority to the STage II people, as it is that which is in process now!!


Inquiring for other stages NOW, will do nothing but delay the process of stage II, and delay shipping of other stages to follow, I think its pretty clear on my part, that I am committed to it till all of those
that have trusted my services, have been satisfied.

If I miss directed my self, I'll try to say this again:


Stage II RED ONE EXECUTED and or STAGE II EPIC-X which I have brokered, please contact me directly, if you haven't done so, before you contact Brent,
as Brent will be I am sure, very busy and also going thru it in order of reservation deliveries, so that people can be taken in care of accordingly.

Stage 3, and stage 3.5 which I have brokered, can contact me, as some already have, but its preferable that they wait a little, so that I can take care of the Stage II first,
however if you fill that you need to contact me now, well, you got my e-mail... ;)


THIS IS MY LAST RESPONSE TO THIS THREAD...


In case you don't or don't see it below in my signature... ketchrossi@ketchrossistudios.com
 
With all due respect to those involved (And I mean that sincerely) there needs to be a firmly stated policy from Red that will be adhered to and answer people's questions. In absence of that they should be open to all inquiries, and prepared to answer them in a timely fashion. The decision to handle things on a case by case basis may have been a noble one, but it comes with a burden.

Red did not create the problem so people should have some patience with them, but it is not proper to leave customers in limbo. Asking folks who may have been put in jeopardy not to inquire about their position is also improper.

The purveyors of these deals should be making EVERY effort to facilitate a resolution, even if that means taking some heat. Unfortunately for the middle man that means heat on both sides, but that is the risk of being a creative broker, I guess. Now it's really time to earn the commission.

There was a firmly stated policy. "Keep your RED One." People Ignored it. Now we have a case by case basis from RED and as you can clearly see, Ketch is making every effort to facilitate his customers and RED, taking heat from both sides. I'd be nervous too if I had participated in one of these deals but what RED is doing is beyond good enough.
 
To reiterate, it is an unfortunate mess. By all accounts Ketch has a kind heart and a generous nature. Were it not for him, I doubt that Red would be so benevolent when reviewing the situation. I would be happy to meet you one day Mr. Rossi. I do not envy your position nor sadly can I sympathize with it. You have my empathy.

Best wishes to all.

Scott
 
Last edited:
Damn! Didn't mean to cause all the ruckus. Nevermind, something told me to just wait. I just know I like what I see in these products. I'll wait til the next products come out, God willing, buy new. Thanks for all the info, I like how Red deals with it's customer, but I'm new to the community and just learning how the process goes. No worries. I'll wait.
 
Once again, my apologies. I had no idea all these "Other" issues were on going. I was just trying to get access to one for a few projects I have coming up. I'll find a work around. Maybe grab a Scarlet or Rent.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top