Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

lcd pro 7 issue

Maicol_Borghetti

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 17, 2008
Messages
106
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Website
www.maicolborghetti.com
just after a couple of months ago I upgrade my red one to MX sensor..
very happy with the result. I shot a short on it just a week ago.
today I turn on the camera on location for a shot and this is the result:

DSC_0760_c.jpg


I already open a ticket with red but in your experience what is this???
LCD died?

I checked the lcd cable with a tester and it's ok.
I attached another monitor to camera via HDMI and work well.

did you have any similar issue?
Maicol
 
Just to inform the 200 friends that read this post without writing nothing...
I can confirm that the problem is on the LCD and that a rough estimation from RED headquarters talk about 1800 USD. much more than the item value...
LCD = DIED FOREVER... F**K!!!!

10363548_716368595072410_828433168_n.jpg
 
Waw.......very bad news!!!....a second hand 7" LCD is no more than $800, go to marketplace or ebay and get your replacement.
 
Talk to Jacek from Optitek. I think he's fixed some of these before.

Failing that, get a local competent electronic engineer to take a look. It may be fixable, or it may be possible to source a replacement screen for less than $1800!
 
Hi,
did you fixed that problem? Maybe I can help. Just let me know. I had the same problem and could fix the issue for under 500$.
 
I have the same exact problem... any luck finding someone to service it?
 
Have you tried unplugging and replugging it? Seems like a common problem most of us have to go thru. This method has worked for me 100%. Also check how do you have it set up in menu? Menu/Settings/display/monitor control. There is a method of cycling the lcd which I've read in one of these threads.
 
Back
Top