Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Is there a RedCine Manual?

Keith Nealy

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 6, 2007
Messages
359
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Has there ever been a RedCine manual released like the manual for the Red One?

Does the preview setting affect render output quality?

thanks

Keith
 
Don't think there is a manual yet, but there are tutorial videos that should get you going quite nicely on the red.com site.

By preview setting I assume you're talking about the the full / half / quarter viewer setting? No, that has no effect on rendering. Rendering is affected by the "Process > full / standard / draft" dialogue in the Output module.

cheers,

John T.
 
RED Hawai'i

RED Hawai'i

Aloha Keith -

No manual, although some have suggested using the Scratch manual.

The preview setting (if you mean 1/4 res High, 1/2 medium, etc.), it only affects the render TIME. Drop it completely to the lowest setting and you'll get a slight boost in render time.

Be sure to hit me up if you make it over to Oahu. I'll introduce you to the other RED owners.
 
Thanks Shawn, I'll take you up on that.

good tip about the scratch manual.

I've been meaning to contact you all so we can set up backup networks and support one another on multi-cam shoots.

aloha,

Keith
 
Back
Top