Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Images looks zoomed in

Scott Simmons

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
243
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Website
www.scottsimmons.tv
Has anyone seen this pop up in Redcine? It looks like the image is zoomed in like 1000 % but it's not. The image looks fine in the library and timeline. An output give you the bad image. I've deleted the Redcine folder in the Library as well as reinstalled...
the image is attached
 
Looks like your project is set at 1280x720? Is your shot scaled to 'fit width' in the shot tab?
 
Looks like your project is set at 1280x720? Is your shot scaled to 'fit width' in the shot tab?

The 720 in that screen shot is what the Output is set to. The project is the default custom size. The shot is scaled to fit width but I can continue to scale it down even more and it still doesn't work.
 
Yup, we've seen that on reloading footage. Unfortunately I can't remember exactly what the issue was, but I think the only way we found to "fix" it was to recreate the project using the original XML (we were using a Crimson-based conform).

I'll try to recreate the issue when I get time (won't be for a week or two though, we're sooo busy it's untrue at the moment) and report back on any findings...
 
Yup, we've seen that on reloading footage. Unfortunately I can't remember exactly what the issue was, but I think the only way we found to "fix" it was to recreate the project using the original XML (we were using a Crimson-based conform).

I'll try to recreate the issue when I get time (won't be for a week or two though, we're sooo busy it's untrue at the moment) and report back on any findings...

Thanks Dominic. That would be great. I've tried reinstalls, and restarting and deleting the Library folders and nothing. It's doing it on all footage too so I'm stumped! It sucks having to reboot into a different partition just to use RedCine. Of course it crashes a lot of renders still but that's another story!
 
I've seen this before too. I believe it was a video card or video card driver issue. I think it was on a Mac using an Nvidia card that Redcine didn't like.

What setup are you using?

Paul
 
This is a dual 3 ghz Octo mac with 4 gigs ram, Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT. This problem is when booted in the Avid drive partition where it has worked before. Everything is working fine on the FCP drive with the same gfx card. This is where I'm very puzzled....
 
Back
Top