Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

How NOT to compete with RED CAM

What I expect is the Scarlet body to come in probably around 2k and then much like the Red One everything will add up on accessories. One will need to buy a battery pack, lens, cf cards, red drives, mounting devices, ect. When it all is said and done look for a package to be around 3500-4000. I could be way off on the price points but I do think Red will stick with the model of the base camera body being inexpensive and customizable depending on ones needs.

I think your price point may be a little low, but the idea is spot on. To be able to build a mini cam to one's own specs would be simply awesome. And it would set the Scarlet apart from the other offerings in it's price range.
 
agreed, scarlet should be customizable which makes it unique.
But, lets not just sell the body and have to spend another 3-4 thousand dollars to have a complete camera, unless the body will be cheap in price.
 
agreed, scarlet should be customizable which makes it unique.
But, lets not just sell the body and have to spend another 3-4 thousand dollars to have a complete camera, unless the body will be cheap in price.

Yeah, cheaper would be better. I still get the feeling it will be $5000+ Of course I have nothing to base that on. LOL Damn you Scarlet! Reveal your secrets to me! :)
 
Back
Top