Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

How many Scarlets or Epics will you buy?

My EXR1 gives great pictures my clients more than happy with the end results, and has a shallow depth of field if used correctly, AF100 is a trade on the shallow depth of field fad, the spec in reality is quite poor once you start digging deep, why buy an inferior camera. My money is already banked awaiting scarlet.
 
Still hesitating between 2/3 fixed or non fixed Scarlet when released.
Sure I'll get an S35 when released ! ;)
I already have some accessories and lenses, but will collect wore till the holy day !
 
If it's me just personally -- 1 x Epic Stage 3 and 1 x Scarlet S35 ...

If I get investment capital, then 2 x Epics, 2 x Scarlet S35, 2 x Scarlet 8x
 
1 Scarlet fixed on release. Then later an s35 but I think that one have to wait a couple of years.
 
Funds will only allow me to purchase one Scarlet Fixed, but when I've earned some money with that, I'll be getting the S35 for sure. For now, my adapter will have suffice for all the real shallow dof field stuff...
 
For personal use 1 Fixed Scarlet, and if by the time the 2/3" interchangeable brain is available I find I'm really dying for a wider angle lens, I'll get that brain and one wider lens.

Why not a wide-angle converter? I'm a stickler for lens quality, and I can't stand barrel distortion or soft corners in wide shots. As good as a wider converter could be, I don't see it be quite as good as a proper wide-angle MiniPrime.

What if I want a longer telephoto? There I'd probably be happy with a teleconverter lens on the Fixed Scarlet. It's easier to make an acceptable front telecoverter than a wide angle adaptor, and I don't think I could live with losing electronic and/or remote focus control on a telephoto MiniPrime, and I wouldn't want to add a wireless FF for weight and cost reasons. I don't mind zone-focusing a wide-angle MiniPrime, though.
 
I screwed up RED warranty that means probably at the end of the line but hopefully not just because also I was an early RED ONE reservation number

that could a bit protect me from that Epic/Scarlet waiting mess anyway.

Also all that means I ready to pay a full price for both Epic/Scarlet if its still offer to me in that ordering condition (to keep my early R1 reservation seat anyway).

But that's only what I'm thinking...
 
0-1

I am going to buy a camera in July 2011. While I am interested in Scarlet, it has slowly crept out up in price, to the point of where it is very boarder line on what I can afford. The AF100 is looking more attractive for my needs. If the Scarlet is released by the time I am looking to purchase it, it will be hard to refuse. But for economic reasons, I may have to settle for a AF100.

If I were to buy a Scarlet, I would be pushing my budge for a camera upgrade, which is (and has been since 3k for 3k) about 6-7K for a decent working package. The Scarlet has been slowly creeping out of my demographic. I feel like "I have not left the Scarlet, but the Scarlet is leaving me", so to speak.

In July, the stars may align and I find some extra money somewhere, and I may purchase a Scarlet. (Out of passion) If I do not, maybe sometime in the future mine and RED's path will cross again. Until that time it is all speculation for me..........
 
0-1

I am going to buy a camera in July 2011. While I am interested in Scarlet, it has slowly crept out up in price, to the point of where it is very boarder line on what I can afford. The AF100 is looking more attractive for my needs. If the Scarlet is released by the time I am looking to purchase it, it will be hard to refuse. But for economic reasons, I may have to settle for a AF100.

If I were to buy a Scarlet, I would be pushing my budge for a camera upgrade, which is (and has been since 3k for 3k) about 6-7K for a decent working package. The Scarlet has been slowly creeping out of my demographic. I feel like "I have not left the Scarlet, but the Scarlet is leaving me", so to speak.

In July, the stars may align and I find some extra money somewhere, and I may purchase a Scarlet. (Out of passion) If I do not, maybe sometime in the future mine and RED's path will cross again. Until that time it is all speculation for me..........

I am curious. How much do you think your AF-100 set up will cost you?
 
I am expecting 7,000. I have a DSLR with a couple micro 4:3 prime lens. I have access to (but do not own) a nanoflash. When it is not available, SD Cards will have to work. (I am on Final Cut at home, Avid in the office)

I really want the Scarlet, but for my situation it is not as practical. I know the Scarlet will be a better camera, but it will require a lot more investment. At 4-5,000 I was willing to go down that path. 6,000, now with other alternatives out there, is pushing it for me.

I guess I am the definition of prosumer. I use professional equipment at work (a local TV station), but I am still paid by the hour. This is a home camera for me, with the very likely possibility of it being used for professional applications.

I dream about 3k with HDRx™™™, RED RAW, I drool over it. I have been aware of RED for awhile, but the RED one has always been out of my budget range, and I have never dreamed of owning one. The thing that attracted me to the Scarlet is that I could afford it. There is always a nicer piece of equipment out there, and I have to accept my budget at some point. Trust me, if I could afford an EPIC I would buy one. I cannot always own a Porsche, not even a Boxster, and have to settle for a Mustang.

I may very well give in to my desires come July and opt for the Scarlet. For practicality purposes the AF100 seems to fit my needs.
 
For personal use 1 Fixed Scarlet, and if by the time the 2/3" interchangeable brain is available I find I'm really dying for a wider angle lens, I'll get that brain and one wider lens.

I'd like to wind up with one of each too. But would prefer to buy the interchangeable first unless it is delayed significantly after the fixed version.
I'm dying to play with my vintage 16mm lens collection. :biggrin:
 
Back
Top