Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Highest amount of money willing to give if your expectations were met?

Highest amount of money willing to give if your expectations were met?


  • Total voters
    207
  • Poll closed .
Do we even know what features SCARLET has? It's like guessing the price of a car without even having a picture of it.

We are not talking about how much would you pay for a Scarlet when it comes out...whatever the specs. We are talking about how much our speculation has led us to expectations, thus the question...according to your PERSONAL expectations how much would you pay for it.

If you think it will be just a little consumer camera, you might vote for $1,000.
I expect much more.

About the Red Team Member voting in the $3,250, that would be GREAT if that meant...well you what. Scarlet whatever it is, I can't wait.

Professional, Pocket, Perfect!
 
intercutting red and scarlet

intercutting red and scarlet

it would be really interesting to cross reference poll takers votes with those that currently own or soon to be owners of red. i suspect there are others like me that want a $7,500 scarlet because they want to be able to intercut some of it's cleanest stuff with their red 4k stuff. i think the further you get away from the high end version of scarlet, the less this becomes a possibility.

think of it, the only thing red one 4k can never be is easily portable. if you cut out some of it's expensive processing power and just deliver a raw 2k image with decent latitude and 35mm dof, you might end up with a truly portable $7,500 solution that actually cuts with 4k. it's selfish and maybe somewhat elitist of me but i hope scarlet sells for $10,000 and packs a real punch.
 
then, you'd lose the economies of scale.. no customers, no red scarlet.. no red portable solution.. no 35mm dof.. no 2k raw.. nothing at all.. only you dreaming over here.
 
As I think about it, I wonder if it would be better to have the scarlet closer to $5K-$7K for the Scarlet, because you wouldn't want all of the consumers lining up to get one of the best cameras on the market...then they wouldn't hire you to do sporting events. Yet even truer, it is not the camera, but the hand directing the camera that really does the work.

But BOY, a camera like the Red One SURE DOES HELP!
 
500 dolla

500 dolla

What, No $500 choice for price? Canon's Tx1 sells for below $500. Just kidding. I would pay $2,500 without thinking about it, because that is how much I paid in the past for my SD cameras. I could pay more, but I have to save money for a house. Just make Scarlet half the price of a Sony, and the world will beat a path to Jim's doorstep.

home
 
10k

10k

10-12 k with all the accesories to work on the field... run and gun documentary set up included (i mean, camcorder+vfd+lenses+direct sound imputs ... tripods, monitors and others extras no included)

then i will buy mac+fcphd and my company will work very happy... (it would be perfect four our kinds of works... not cinematography, not publicity, but yes goog quality productions... (documentary, audiovisuales, etc...)
 
seems clear to anybody that a few of you can't wait to do charity..
 
Would you buy a Scarlet if your expectations are met?

If so, how much would you be willing to spend if all of them were met?

Clear Speculation...just a fun poll.

I would be willing to pay 7000 USD if it is a body without lens - if it does not have interchangable lenses it is just another prosumer camera.
 
I voted for 2,500. I understand you can only expect so much at that price, but i believe the Red team can work wonders ;)
And i'm poor.
 
I would be willing to pay 7000 USD if it is a body without lens - if it does not have interchangable lenses it is just another prosumer camera.

What you said about "just the body"... BINGO! But at $4,500

I am still interested in seeing why that RED Team Member voted for $3,250

Anybody else know?
 
Thanks! I've been reading the boards since before the first Red One's shipped but this has been the only thing i could contribute thus far.
I believe in Red :)
 
A 7000$ wouldn't make any sense. If you can come up with 7'000$ for a camera you most likely can come up with more and buy a red one.

Not oif the 7K was all you needed to shoot.

For 17.5K all you get is the RED body, which is unusable until you add another 15K of gear, minimum.
 
Thanks! I've been reading the boards since before the first Red One's shipped but this has been the only thing i could contribute thus far.
I believe in Red :)

Whether I contribute or not, I just dive in and have fun...I love the technological world we live in today!
 
3,300 - 6,500

3,300 - 6,500

The Sony PMW-EX1 XDCAM EX SxS Pro HD Camcorder is what I would buy is Scarlet didn't exist. The Sony EX1 costs $6,500 at B&H, so that is what I would pay for a Scarlet. The cheaper Canon XH costs $3,300. The Canon GL2 I bought cost me under $2,000. So I guess that I would like to pay $2,500, but I would pay up to $5,000. I still need money left over to buy a new Mac. I am guessing that my G5 will not be up to the task of editing 2K.
 
The Sony PMW-EX1 XDCAM EX SxS Pro HD Camcorder is what I would buy is Scarlet didn't exist. The Sony EX1 costs $6,500 at B&H, so that is what I would pay for a Scarlet. The cheaper Canon XH costs $3,300. The Canon GL2 I bought cost me under $2,000. So I guess that I would like to pay $2,500, but I would pay up to $5,000. I still need money left over to buy a new Mac. I am guessing that my G5 will not be up to the task of editing 2K.

It depends on all of the Specs of the computer. How much RAM, and how fast is the processor?

I have a MacBook Pro 17", and love it. It is all I have to edit on, and if it wasn't for Apple...well I guess the same story as you are describing about Red and Sony. I would have to use Windows.
ugh! Sorry Windows enthusiasts. :-) not really

I would probably HAVE to buy the EX1's if Red wasn't around also.

I love EVERYTHING about Red...some might dislike the way Red has advertised their products, and letting people speculate for a year or two, but I just want to take a minute, and say: "THANK YOU JIM AND COMPANY...I LOVE FORWARD THINKERS LIKE YOU ALL, AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE SCARLET!!!

I think the ONE thing I will regret most this year, is not making it to NAB :-(
BOOOHOOOHOOOO!
 
Back
Top