Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Help: footage has vertical line in Helium-sensor

Joined
Jan 28, 2017
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Hello,

I just checked my footage from Epic-W and saw this vertical line:
http://foerdy.de/data/RED_vertical_line.mp4
Take a look at this 1 second clip, where you can see the line on the left side of the image (between his arm and the left edge of the frame).

Does anybody know what this is? I am running on the latest stable firmware (7.0.1).
Black shading doesn't help.

Best regards,
Daniel
 
Yuck! I've seen them down the middle, but wildly faint and not green/yellow like that one. I'm going to say you may have a burn in line from a laser or some intense UV light, hitting the sensor. I've seen burned in lines like this on dslr's that have filmed a laser beam. As far as I know, this is a CMOS sensor flaw that does not exist with CCD sensors.
 
Yuck! I've seen them down the middle, but wildly faint and not green/yellow like that one. I'm going to say you may have a burn in line from a laser or some intense UV light, hitting the sensor. I've seen burned in lines like this on dslr's that have filmed a laser beam. As far as I know, this is a CMOS sensor flaw that does not exist with CCD sensors.

I never filmed a laser with any camera.
 
Back
Top