Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Helium and Rocket X

Jeff Brown

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
Messages
477
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
London, UK
Hi All

Can anyone confirm if the limitation of the RRX with Helium footage is the 8k (i.e. resolution) or if it's the actual pixel pitch of the sensor?

Wondering is shooting 6K on a Helium would still benefit from using a RRX...

Thanks
 
Hi Jeff,

I can confirm that a RRX over Thunderbolt3 on a 7700K laptop gets me Helium 8KHD realtime playback at 1/2 debayer in RCX. Without the RRX I can only playback in realtime at 1/8 debayer. On my 2013 MBP with Thunderbolt2 and an external 1080GTX on one TB port and the RRX on the other, 1/4 debayer is as high as I can go and get realtime playback. Without the RRX I have to go to 1/16 for realtime at 8KHD.

That's all to say I definitely benefit from a RRX on Helium footage at any resolution. I don't know the answer to your first question.
 
Back
Top