Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Hasselblad H on Weapon, is it possible?

Ale Houston

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 1, 2011
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Asuncion, Paraguay
Website
www.houston.com.py
Hi guys!

A friend owns a couple of H Series Lenses and we own a Helium 8K S35. Is there any adaptor that allows me to use this babies on my Weapon?

Thanks in advance!
 
If it was me, I wouldn't bother. I have used and shot with hassleblad H series (hc35, hc50, hc80, and 50-110, with a phase one p65 60mp back) for many years, and never really liked the results. The lenses aren't super sharp and they blur the background in an unpleasant way- looks more like a photoshop gaussian blur than "beautiful cinematic blur" that I out to achieve. I have colleagues that are very disappointed in the latest phase lenses as well.
The contax 645 lenses look are better and a few of them are very sharp as well (not all). I moved to coat after my expensive hasselblad error, but have given up on contax now due to not being able to focus the lenses!

btw, i came across this article today that seems to agree with me about the lack of performance of hasselblad HC lenses-

https://fstoppers.com/originals/has...-full-frame-out-performs-medium-format-191500
 
Back
Top