Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Group purchase of Arri Matteboxes

Any idea where to find such filters? I keep asking for a 1.5 and no one has one in rental stock. I've heard you can order custom filters from Tiffen.

You can order custom densities from Formatt and Tiffen and I believe Schneider does this as well. I think Formatt offers customs up to a 2.4 (8 stops).
 
Jay,

Count me in on the MB 20 II order, plus the FF4. I'll PM you with my list. I'm thinking 3 stages.

Thanks for pulling this together!
 
You can order custom densities from Formatt and Tiffen and I believe Schneider does this as well. I think Formatt offers customs up to a 2.4 (8 stops).

I think Schneider has 1.8 in stock now. Formatt said 1.5 was the greatest density they can do in glass. I think 3.0 in gel.

I just got a 1.2 HD ND, 1.5 HD ND, and a 138mm circular pola from Formatt.co.uk. Only problem is the exchange rate of dollars to GBP.
 
Me three

Me three

Jay:

Like David, I'm also interested in the MB20II and FF4. Thanks for the group offer.
 
Good Deal Or No Deal

Good Deal Or No Deal

Guys this group buy has shown a lot more interest than we thought. I expect Arri will step up to the plate to earn our business.

If they don't, then I will cancel this group buy. They may be unable to do 50% as David had hoped, but he was right in that they need to make this a VERY sweet offer.

I have communicated this to our Arri rep and he has been great. I have no doubt he will go to bat for us, but in the end, it's all about the numbers.

For now, We'll have to wait and see. If it's good, you all will be the first to know

Jay
 
Guys this group buy has shown a lot more interest than we thought. I expect Arri will step up to the plate to earn our business.

If they don't, then I will cancel this group buy. They may be unable to do 50% as David had hoped, but he was right in that they need to make this a VERY sweet offer.

One question...many of us will have their cameras very soon, and many of us won't be getting theirs (ME!) until at least march. How would buying those work for those of us who aren't going to buy until Feb/March/April? Could you see about putting down a small, non-refundable deposit, $100-$200? I ask because I am doing a business loan and won't be taking out the money until near when my RED ships.

Matthew
 
Count me in also for the complete MB package. I'm located in NJ, though. Will that pose a problem?

Thanks,

Luis Ortiz
info@laortiz.com
 
I'd be down for a MB-20II & FF4 if the price is right. Better still if I don't have to make the final purchase until January or February, but that might be asking too much for a group buy. I do want to wait and see what CVB is cooking up for a Mattebox, and I'm unsure if I want their remote control module instead of a standard FF, but at least with the ARRI gear I know what I'm getting and it's great stuff.
 
For those of you worried about which Vendor we use, we are not just working with the Vendor, we are working with Arri as well. I will make sure everyone is taken care of.

Jay
 
I'd be down for a MB-20II & FF4 if the price is right. Better still if I don't have to make the final purchase until January or February, but that might be asking too much for a group buy. I do want to wait and see what CVB is cooking up for a Mattebox, and I'm unsure if I want their remote control module instead of a standard FF, but at least with the ARRI gear I know what I'm getting and it's great stuff.

I'm with you on this Jeff...Jan or Feb would be great for me as well. It seems there is a tremendous amount of interest in this group buy. With so many people in, Arri should be willing to do a pretty sizeable discount as it will be a very large sale. I'm also doing this purchase (along with RED and glass) through a business loan and won't have cash till probably mid Jan, as my # doesn't ship till then.
 
I could be interested in a MB-20II & FF4 depending on discount & when payment is due. (Camera isn't coming for a few months)

Regardless, thanks Jay for organizing all this.

Jay this is a great service, thank you very much. Now, I too am waiting to see what View Factor offers, but if things do not work out I would be interested in the MB-20II and the FF4 depending on discount and when payment is due.

Thanks again Jay,

Andrew Benz #557
 
Jay,

Sent you a PM re: the list of MB 20 II stuff I want to order. Are you plannning to compile a list of interested parties and keep us in the loop as to pricing/next steps?

When do you expect to get a final quote from Arri?

Please advise,

Thanks!
 
I expect a quote today. Also I have been doing some extensive research with the help of some people, I have a very good idea of what we're looking for, and I know what's possible.

I know a lot of you are interested, but the trick is finding out how many really want to BUY. You can't make that decision until you have some numbers. The same goes for me.

As for filters I have a request into Evin Grant for some assistance in that area, he has not responded yet, but fear not.. We'll get it all wrapped up pretty soon now.

Jay
 
Thank you for your efforts, Jay.

I need the larger Arri Matte Box, the 14, to take 6.6x6.6 filters, and the FF4. I expect our camera a bit after the first of the year with the new schedules, and would like to purchase then.

If this is possible, please include me in your plans.

Best regards,

Leo
 
Back
Top