Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Gremsy 6200mah lipo?

jonathan murphy

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 27, 2012
Messages
607
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Springfield MO
Website
www.harpcreative.com
Thinking about using lipo batts for lightweight handheld use. What do you guys recommend if I go down this road? Here are my questions..

1. what is the best cable?
2. What is the best brand of 4S batteries?
3. How would you mount it? ideas?

If you have pictures of your setup I would love to see it!

Thanks!

Jonathan
 
Last edited:
I'm a bit sceptical here, there must be good reasons why usual camera-batteries are still not LiPo-based and why not even some "special" v-mounts are being made by someone. I think we already would have LiPo REDVOLTs if RED considers that tech reliable enough.

Maybe it's just that the careful treatment those batteries need doesn't fit that good into the world of shooting? And handheld in particular means having those things close to your body while they are uncharged at a heavy rate.

Still, i would like to explore that option.
 
I use LiPO batteries on when I put my Epic on the Ronin. I use generic 4S 5000mah batteries with XT60 connector with a cable like this:

https://aerialpixels.com/shop/power...le-super-thin-red-epic-power-cable-lipo-xt60/

Just make sure that the batteries you are getting come with an XT60 connector as well. One precaution you should always take in my opinion is to unplug the lemo plug from the Epic body before changing batteries. These XT60 connectors tend to produce a spark and I'm not all too sure that's good for the camera. Also you need to monitor the LiPO battery voltage. My understanding is you shouldn't run them below around 3.3 volts per cell avoid damaging the batteries. So 3.3v per cell x 4 cells = 13.2v. So to be on the safe side, change batteries as soon as the voltage dips below 14v. Its very easy to destroy a LiPO battery pack if you completely drain it.
 
Jonathan.
Did you bought Gremsy batteries? Found a non screaming battery voltage checker?
I am interested as well for lightweight handheld
 
Back
Top