Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Fstop Shinn + Cine Master ICU - advice, photo, help

Karel Šimůnek

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2014
Messages
657
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Czech Republic, Europe
Hi guys, I'm planning to buy a backpack for my Scarlet-W and accessories. Want to buy Fstop Shinn backpack with Cine Master ICU. Do you have some photos of yours? Or do you have any advice or experience regarding Fstop backpack? Is this backpack OK for Scarlet-W with accessories?
Thank you guys
Karel
 
Karel, you will have plenty of space with the Shinn...to break your back! hehehe

I have 3 different size of f-stops packs & I use all with my Dragon kit. With all the packs I run my Dragon with the Bomb-EVF & SideHandle attached and only swat rail on top to keep the camera as short but built as possible. So I only have to put a battery on the Camera when I pull it out.

Ajna: Use when I need to be as small and lightweight as possible, but can still just barely carry a few extras like puffy jacket, avalanche probe & shuvel, snack bars. Epic-Dragon, 3 anotn Batteries, 70-200, 50mm, 17-35mm. I use with Large ICU...tight! but sometime a necessity when going deep. Side pockets can fit batteries. Really have to pack neatly.

Tilopa: A bit bigger than the Ajna, lets me get a few more extras in. Can bring ND Kit & another prime lens or medium zoom. I use with Large ICU, have to pack neatly to make everything fit. No side pockets.

Sukha: Much bigger, room for lots of extras. I can get 5 antons batteries, 70-200, 24-70, 50mm, 17-35, Fisheye, another lens or shot gun mic, extra A7s body with batts & cards. I use an older lowePro Roller ICU that fits in the pack nicely...probably just a bit bigger than the F-stop XL ICU...Sukha is Big enough that I can make it too heavy :)

I do not have direct experience with the Shinn or the Cine Master ICU but from my experience with the others I can say that you will have plenty of space. The Cine Master ICU also looks deeper which is should be helpful when keeping your rig as built as possible.

Hopefully that is helpful.

Cheers,

-dane
 
Oooo thank you for your very fast and very helpful answer :)

When I see what you can put in that Sukha backpack I think that Shinn backpack will be more than enough for Scarlet-W + V-Lock I/O + Side Handle, 7" RED touch, 4x RED bricks, Macbook, Rode NTG4+, Zoom H6, BoomPole, Manfrotto 509HD + 536 legs and for some Zeiss CP.3 lenses.

I think I have a winner backpack but hope my back can handle it :D:)

Thank you again very helpful sir
 
I just picked up a sukha with xl icu. With the width of the red body you definitely need to spend a good while figuring out a good configuration that suits your needs. If you're getting the cine master you will have tons of room.
 
You definitely have tons of room with the Shinn and the Cinemaster ICU, to the point where it tempts you to over-pack it making it too heavy if you're going long distances.

ZCy91G2.jpg


If I remember correctly, that day I was carrying:
- Red Dragon with Side Handle 5 inch monitor
- 4 Red Mags
- 50mm Sigma
- 24-70 Canon
-150-600 Sigma
-100mm Canon
- 6 Redvolts
- Filters
- Phantom 4 (Attached with straps outside)
- Miller Compass 20 w/ Solo legs (outside of the bag obviously)
- Bivy / Sleeping Pad / Sleeping Bag / Rain Shell / Jetboil Flash (Attached with straps outside inside a compression sack)
- Water Bladder
- Few snacks / Coffee
- Cup (attached with carabiner outside)
- Canon 5D III w/ 14mm Canon lens (using a peak design clip on the strap)
- Theta 360 cam
- Anker Battery
- DJI Osmo
- Bear


I'll try to get a few more pics of different setups in a couple of days
 
Last edited:
You definitely have tons of room with the Shinn and the Cinemaster ICU, to the point where it tempts you to over-pack it making it too heavy if you're going long distances.

ZCy91G2.jpg


- Bear

i like the bear. he seems to be an awesome companion
 
in my opinion Shinn is too big. its more if you want your setup to be built all the time I guess. or if you really have a lot of stuff.
I have Tilopa with Red Dragon, 4 RedVolts XL, monitor, handle, lenses, cards, mounts ... easily in there
 
I have the Fstop Shinn with Cine Master ICU which I bought when they first released it. It's been great whenever I need maximum space and a lot of gear. (I also use the Fstop Satori EXP for those times when I need go lightweight.)
The only complaint I have is that the dividers on the ICU is a bit weak at times but besides that, the Shinn is a great backpack.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5363_2.jpg
    IMG_5363_2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 0
WOW! That's a lot of stuff in your backpack! And it does not look that big on your back. Thank you for the info :)

You definitely have tons of room with the Shinn and the Cinemaster ICU, to the point where it tempts you to over-pack it making it too heavy if you're going long distances.

ZCy91G2.jpg


If I remember correctly, that day I was carrying:
- Red Dragon with Side Handle 5 inch monitor
- 4 Red Mags
- 50mm Sigma
- 24-70 Canon
-150-600 Sigma
-100mm Canon
- 6 Redvolts
- Filters
- Phantom 4 (Attached with straps outside)
- Miller Compass 20 w/ Solo legs (outside of the bag obviously)
- Bivy / Sleeping Pad / Sleeping Bag / Rain Shell / Jetboil Flash (Attached with straps outside inside a compression sack)
- Water Bladder
- Few snacks / Coffee
- Cup (attached with carabiner outside)
- Canon 5D III w/ 14mm Canon lens (using a peak design clip on the strap)
- Theta 360 cam
- Anker Battery
- DJI Osmo
- Bear


I'll try to get a few more pics of different setups in a couple of days
 
Amazing photo Robert. Really like it

I have the Fstop Shinn with Cine Master ICU which I bought when they first released it. It's been great whenever I need maximum space and a lot of gear. (I also use the Fstop Satori EXP for those times when I need go lightweight.)
The only complaint I have is that the dividers on the ICU is a bit weak at times but besides that, the Shinn is a great backpack.
 
Hey Karel,

Did you end up with the Shinn? If so, how do you like it? I'm making the same decision now.

Thanks,
Mark
 
Hey Mark,

Sorry that I write that late but I didn't notice your comment. Yes I end it up with the Shinn backpack and with Master Cine ICU. It is absolutely brilliant. It's really big and can be very very heavy but even if my backpack has 15kg it's very comfortable. One day I fell with it in the mud but everything inside was absolutely OK :) I absolutely love that bag and I can definitely recommend it. If you have any questions please ask :)
 
Back
Top