Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

FS 18-50mm RED Zoom lens for sale $5300

Kevin Jones

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
128
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Santa Barbara & Stockholm Sweden
Website
www.alamofilms.com
SOLD Now thanks
 
I sent you a PM ... hope to talk soon.

Thanks,

Gabe
 
Do you want to buy my RED lens or is this some scam?

Do you want to buy my RED lens or is this some scam?

C'mon what's the deal Gabe? or "themusic" You bug me over several days via email and redposts to buy my lens then agree by both email and long telephone by me to you from Europe that you want it ... and you need it by friday for a shoot .. then I send the lens at my expense for 240$ to Los Angeles from sweden and suddenly you don't respond to my emails or SMS? because you can now buy one cheaper? Is your word only worth 300$
Let me know what's going on Gabriel..
If you are in pre-production and you're busy have someone else call or email me.
Kevin
 
thanks for support Chris

thanks for support Chris

I don't think he know's how relatively small the RED community is..
 
Kevin, I can not BELIEVE how you misrepresented our deal here. You're being completely unreasonable. I HAVE responded to your emails and texts - I told you not to send the lens if the shipping was more than $100 ... you sent it anyway with $240 shipping costs, you said you'd get in touch with me at 3AM the morning before the sale due to our time difference, I was up and ready, and you didn't get in touch, and in an email at 7:15AM you said I had to get in touch with you by 8AM or you were going to send it, and I got in touch with you at 7:45AM (remember I was up until past 3 waiting for your text) ... all verifiable by email.

AND despite all this, I offered to pay for your shipping and the trouble ... but now that you're publicly attacking me, and completely misrepresenting what happened, I'm having second thoughts.

I am more than happy for you and I to tell all the facts to an impartial judge and have them decide how we should settle our dispute. I am NOT claiming I am without fault here ... I did talk to you and agreed to buy the lens BUT I said not to send it if it cost more than $100 and I pulled out of the deal in the time frame YOU set out.

How can I be more fair than to have offered to pay you for the very shipping I told you not to use? I offered this yesterday in an email after you apologized to me for sending the lens in the first place.

More than anything else at this moment I am shocked and saddened by your public and dishonest attack here. It is utterly unnecessary and uncalled for. Especially since you are at least as mistaken as I am.

Again, I am open to the community deciding our dispute, or another third person's opinion. Let me know what you want to do ... I remain, as always, honest and open to others opinions and takes on what's happening here.
 
duh duh duh.....

duh duh duh duh...duh duh.....

"What you are about to Witness is Real. The Participants are not actors. They are the Actual People who have already either Filed Suit or been served a Summons to appear in a California Municipal Court. Both parties in the Suit have agreed to Dismiss their Court Cases and have their Disputes settled Here, in our Forum: The People's Court."
 
Totally! Let's do it man ... maybe I'm wrong here, and if I am, as I said, I will do as the community decides. It stings that I'm being publicly attacked like this. It's just wrong.

Let's work it out in some fair way - any suggestions from the community? I've been trying to email Kevin, but he continues to misrepresent what happened and exaggerate time frames and so on ... he contacted my partner on Facebook, and went off on her ... he's really acting crazy. Remember ... this all happened yesterday - so it's not like there's been a lot of time for things to fester or be resolved. PLUS I'm in pre production for a feature shoot on Friday ...

Anyway, I'm sure I just need to shake it off ... but I really do want to do the right thing. And I assume the "right thing" is for those who are not emotionally (or financially) involved to decide. As I said, I am not totally innocent here, I'm wrong, and he is wrong ... or we're both right ... or whatever.

Apparently he and I can not come to a resolve without you guys ... this is stepping RedUser up a notch ... RedUser becomes the JedgeRed ...
 
Okay... I pay for getting the lens to your shoot on time

Okay... I pay for getting the lens to your shoot on time

Gabe; If you wanted the time it took for me to try and find a cheap shipping option to be time for you to have second thoughts about buying the lens.. fine. I was not told this was what you wanted when we had our phone conversation which ended with " I need the money by friday and you need the lens by friday.. so we are in agreement"
I understood this to be an important purchase for the both of us and would have liked that information BEFORE I went around stockholm looking for a way to get it to you.

So I will pay for all the shipping.. It is not nor has ever been the issue.
I just want you to look at the first two responses to the post I made about needing to sell my lens and ask if you want to buy the lens.

If you changed your mind fine.
kevin
 
Sounds great

Sounds great

Gabe is right ...some cooler heads might prevail particularly if we seem to have trouble getting contact between each other.

Let our red team weigh in... if I am at fault for sending the lens.. I really don't care as I will eat the shipping costs

If I was mistaken in that I did not in fact have the lens sold ... let me know and I will calm down.

thanks for listening
 
What was the agreed upon price? If less than $5,000, maybe someone reading this thread would be willing to buy it for $4,500 and the two of you split the cost difference and then you ship within U.S. at lower cost if the lens already here.

-shooter
 
The agreed upon price was $5300 ... plus up to $100 shipping. BUT we agreed that we would look into it and get in touch at 3AM Pacific time ... that never happened. There was never a final sale moment ... we had agreed on terms though ... but we were suppose to get in touch before the sale was complete.

That is a big part of my argument by the way ...

:) I'm glad that Kevin has responded here, and look forward to his views.
 
And I would absolutely disagree if any issue was unresolved it was only the shipping

And I would absolutely disagree if any issue was unresolved it was only the shipping

From: jarred@red.com
Subject: New Private Message at Reduser.net
Date: January 24, 2009 8:14:47 PM GMT+01:00
To: info@alamofilms.com

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!
***************************

Dear alamofilms,

You have received a new private message at Reduser.net from themusic, entitled "I want the lens".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
http://www.reduser.net/forum/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
***************
Hi,

I want it, I can pay right away. Email me at themusic@mac.com

Best,

Gabe
***************

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:
http://www.reduser.net/forum/private.php

All the best,
Reduser.net
 
and then when I checked later...

and then when I checked later...

Located in Los Angeles. Ready to buy ... let me know.

Thanks so much!

Best,

Gabe

On Jan 25, 2009, at 3:41 AM, info wrote:

Hi Gabe: I just checked email and saw you and a few others were interested in my zoom lens. Where are you located?
Kevin
 
But to clarify ..

But to clarify ..

Even though emails and posts could be interpreted differently..
I do not at any time remember and do not agree with any interpretation of our phone call being one where someone could back out of the deal during the time it took for me to find a shipper and who was going to pay for it.
the price was always 5300$
and in fact I also do not agreeing that I would pay for it..
but I will now it that's the issue.
kevin
 
I live in Los Angeles, am ready to buy, have the money, and want the lens. None of your post discusses what we talked about over the phone or the logistics of the sale. There were a series of arrangements that we made that again, you are choosing to omit ... do you disagree that you were suppose to call me at 3AM and didn't?

6:30 AM PDT - From Kevin "...$240 need to send in 2 hours from now please confirm by 5PM my time"

7:44AM PDT - From me "I think we should hold off. As I said over $100 in shipping doesn't seem worth it (I can rent the lens for the weekend for $135). Sorry for the inconvenience."
 
Back
Top