martin.kryjom
Well-known member
HI everyone.
For long time I read cearefully every post on this forum, i learn a lot about the RED camera in good and bad meaning. I would like to say one thing for RED team and for others on this forum. I do not want to be agresive and i hope u will get my point.
Every time when something is wrong with camera or acessories i read a lot of replay that it is like that as the camera is cheaper then ARRI, GENESSIS OR F23. My point is that THERE are some custmers like me, that did not choose RED for the price. I have spent 110 k for new cooke lenses, around 40-50 k for post production stuff, grip acessories and so on. I choose the RED as it was presented as ONLY ONE 4k camera on the market with 4k resolution ( what is actually truth as we can not buy DALSA) I also get informed about very similar to film DR and many other things. Personally i do not care about price , i have choosen RED as it seams to be the best option for me. Now , after CHE and a lot of discussions about DR, IR blocking, postworkflow i'm a lit bit consider that it wont be easy to push directors of photography to use RED.
Conclusion:
READ team did good job, but please remember about customers like me that have choosen this camera for high end projects , and do not care how much we will pay for camera as if is good it will pay us back anyway. WE have many concerns now and i would like to get good answer to few major questions:
1) what is REAL DR of RED based on U field tests ( not done by others, done by U, RED team)
2) Are u gonna improve IR blocking ( i have IR filters form TIFFEN but it should be improve in sensor side anyway)
Please stop marketing in this point and tell me as it is...
I have ordered my RED and i'm waiting so i can not do any test myself.
Best regards
MARTIN
For long time I read cearefully every post on this forum, i learn a lot about the RED camera in good and bad meaning. I would like to say one thing for RED team and for others on this forum. I do not want to be agresive and i hope u will get my point.
Every time when something is wrong with camera or acessories i read a lot of replay that it is like that as the camera is cheaper then ARRI, GENESSIS OR F23. My point is that THERE are some custmers like me, that did not choose RED for the price. I have spent 110 k for new cooke lenses, around 40-50 k for post production stuff, grip acessories and so on. I choose the RED as it was presented as ONLY ONE 4k camera on the market with 4k resolution ( what is actually truth as we can not buy DALSA) I also get informed about very similar to film DR and many other things. Personally i do not care about price , i have choosen RED as it seams to be the best option for me. Now , after CHE and a lot of discussions about DR, IR blocking, postworkflow i'm a lit bit consider that it wont be easy to push directors of photography to use RED.
Conclusion:
READ team did good job, but please remember about customers like me that have choosen this camera for high end projects , and do not care how much we will pay for camera as if is good it will pay us back anyway. WE have many concerns now and i would like to get good answer to few major questions:
1) what is REAL DR of RED based on U field tests ( not done by others, done by U, RED team)
2) Are u gonna improve IR blocking ( i have IR filters form TIFFEN but it should be improve in sensor side anyway)
Please stop marketing in this point and tell me as it is...
I have ordered my RED and i'm waiting so i can not do any test myself.
Best regards
MARTIN