Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)
What would be a great help, is if you could post a photo of the RGB or RAW histogram on your monitor when you are shooting those low-key images.
I have just been filming similar scenes, and I was constantly worried that I might not have chosen the best exposure settings for use with the Red (having used only HDV or film before).
we often use a single 18KW and some small units to fill. light concept is very puristic in combination with strong production / art design. the 18KW lights through our set ups (windows, trees) that break the light as we want.
as the whole film has to be dark and mysterious. we like to set lens flares in the images.
i will post some lightning stuff at weekend.
as we often use zoom (cooke 25-250) with a 3.7 and we have a daily huge callsheet-programm indeed we have to be careful to avoid noise in the lowlight scenes.