Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

FD lens on Red One?

That adapter has glass in it and will look terrible. Coke bottle bad. I can't remember if anyone makes an FD mount for the Red One.

I know someone makes one for the Epic/Scarlet, though.

And RP lens will change the mount on your FD lens and make it into EOS, or maybe Nikon...you'd have to ask Peter there...
 
Hey one doubt.....

which best ? for Red One -MX camera!!

Nikon- Canon EF- canon FD?

thank you
 
Hey one doubt.....

which best ? for Red One -MX camera!!

Nikon- Canon EF- canon FD?

thank you

They are all good. There is no "better". The FD's are manual focus though, and focus the RIGHT way (I think).

All of them are capable of delivering great imagery. It really comes down to personal preference.
 
Just use a Canon FD mount for your camera. I think these are available. Or if you can find a Canon EF mount for the camera you can convert your FD lenses to Canon EF with Ed Mika's mount Conversion kits.
 
Don't use adapters with glass in them, they ruin your lenses quality (or they'd be really expensive) !

Maybe there are adapters for FD to Leica-M. That's how I got my Minolta SR glass working on REDs, just the M-mount and an adapter.
 
Guys thank you so much for your replies! really appreciate it! I'm currently looking for a Birger mount with the Impero but they are SO hard to find. So I thought maybe I'd go with the FD lenses because they are VERY affordable. They make FD adapters similar to the Red Nikon Mount but they don't allow you to focus to infinity. The only way to solve that problem is to use one with glass. I'm also concerned about crop factor. I think the Birger is the best route, if only I could get my hands on one!!

If you guys have one or know someone that is wants to sell their please please let me know!

Thanks again for your replies, EXTREMELY HELPFUL!!!

Pouya
 
I think I'm right in saying a company called Muse Electronics manufactured an FD mount for the R1. It required removal of the complete PL mount assembly and so, of course, was never approved by RED. They only sold a handful, you would be lucky to find one.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?53562-Canon-FD-mounts

Mike
 
I have a Muse FD mount available for Red One. It has never been mounted because after I bought it Red said it was not approved and would void the warranty. If you have a camera with no warranty, you could mount it. It comes with all parts and instructions on how to mount it. If intersted email me at getken at gmail dot com.
 
Back
Top