Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Fast CF card reader ?

Antoine Fabi

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
1,066
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Hi,

I'm looking for a fast CF card reader.
What are your suggestions ?

thanks

Antoine
 
Hello Antoine,

For which type of interface?

There are many options including:

CF to PCMCIA
CF to Express Card
CF to SATA
CF to PATA

With a better idea as to the application I could make a more specific suggestion.

Kevin
 
Hello Antoine,

For which type of interface?

There are many options including:

CF to PCMCIA
CF to Express Card
CF to SATA
CF to PATA

With a better idea as to the application I could make a more specific suggestion.

Kevin
Hello Kevin,
For me it would be CF firewire 800, Lexar is good, no ?
BTW, You do not forget the mount, do you ?
Jean Luc Leon
 
Hi Kevin,

I want to download my CF card directly to my computer's hard drive.

Now i have a CF/USB2 that is VERY slow.
 
Jean-Luc,

I'll give a look at Lexar

thanks
 
Hello Kevin,
For me it would be CF firewire 800, Lexar is good, no ?
BTW, You do not forget the mount, do you ?
Jean Luc Leon

Hello Jean Luc,

Firewire 800 is a fine choice, but I like having the reader internal and not tethered via a cable.

As for the mount, no we have not forgot. There are a number out on beta testing now (getting some feedback from users) and we expect to have the full production run out in the next few weeks. Please email me and I will get you more information.

Kevin
 
thanks to both of you!

How much time will it take to download a full 8G card ?

Antoine
 
Unless you have a fast card, getting a fast reader won't do anything for you. What brand and model CF card are you using?
 
RED (Lexar) 8GB

Then go with the Lexar Firewire but you should know that there are a lot of problems with Firewire in both the latest OS release and Vista so if you know of someone who already has the reader, I would borrow it from them and see how it works on your machine. There are also numerous hardware issues with Firewire 800 on the PC so you will need to look into getting an add-in card that is known to work with the Lexar reader if you are using a PC.
 
4 minutes for a 8G card seems very good.

Thanks!
 
do i need something different from (fw800) or better Fast CF card reader dirve to use it with my MACBOOK i have seen befor that something internaly
that can be connected through macbook ?:help:
 
Back
Top