Brandon Kraemer
Well-known member
- Joined
- Jul 15, 2008
- Messages
- 701
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
- Age
- 53
I transcoded out of Redcine a long sequence of shots and two of them failed to export. I got the failed to write frame #XXXX error message. The two shots in question are long scenes, and the red raw files are segmented into 4 files. Thinking that was maybe the problem, I tried to load them in independently to get around this but they always load as 1 file to the library.
Also, when the frame in question fails to write, it seems to truncate the final output and leaves everything AFTER the failed frame, but deletes everything BEFORE the frame. This seems strange to me.
Is there a file size limit to transcodes? Are there known bugs or reasons why some files would have failed to write frames in them? Why do the clips that fail on frames keep everything after that frame instead of before?
I am manually segmented my outputs now into 2000 frame chunks with success so far and I have exported some of the previously failed frames in this manner.
Brandon K.
Also, when the frame in question fails to write, it seems to truncate the final output and leaves everything AFTER the failed frame, but deletes everything BEFORE the frame. This seems strange to me.
Is there a file size limit to transcodes? Are there known bugs or reasons why some files would have failed to write frames in them? Why do the clips that fail on frames keep everything after that frame instead of before?
I am manually segmented my outputs now into 2000 frame chunks with success so far and I have exported some of the previously failed frames in this manner.
Brandon K.