Nir Shelter
Well-known member
- Joined
- Jan 27, 2008
- Messages
- 340
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
- Age
- 47
- Location
- Sydney Australia
- Website
- www.datashelter.com.au
I have a problem with a commercial I am working on we shot - 4k, RC36, 16/9, 25FPS on B3.2.5 the owner installs the latest release builds as they come out. The shots will be composited onto 3D elements and cut together to create the final cut.
Am trying to export the shots as 32bit 4K 16/9 full process TIFF sequences from Redcine. After pressing the GO button Redcine switches the frame in the viewer with black and renders out TIFF files that are 108MB in size but only displaying black. None of the original frame is rendered out I should add that I am also printing the file name and TC onto the frames in the sequence, that information gets rendered out over the black.
I am running Redcine 3.12 on a Macbookpro core 2 duo 2.33GHZ with 2GB RAM and an ATI RadeonX1600, QT V 7.3.
I have rendered out many hours of footage to various formats from Redcine on this machine before. At times running for a whole week at 20 hour renders back to back not one problem till now.
Am wondering whether this is a processor issue not being fast enough for so much data to be crunched at once?
Could this be a res to aspect ration problem have all the bugs with 16/9 at 4K been solved could this be connected?
I tried doing the same thing on a friends machine this was a 17' Macbookpro 2.6GHZ though with I think 4GB RAM same problem. Only difference was on his computer the frames were fuzzy snow over black instead of just black.
Next step is to do the render out at the post house on an 8 core but would really prefer to do it my self on my machine.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.
Am trying to export the shots as 32bit 4K 16/9 full process TIFF sequences from Redcine. After pressing the GO button Redcine switches the frame in the viewer with black and renders out TIFF files that are 108MB in size but only displaying black. None of the original frame is rendered out I should add that I am also printing the file name and TC onto the frames in the sequence, that information gets rendered out over the black.
I am running Redcine 3.12 on a Macbookpro core 2 duo 2.33GHZ with 2GB RAM and an ATI RadeonX1600, QT V 7.3.
I have rendered out many hours of footage to various formats from Redcine on this machine before. At times running for a whole week at 20 hour renders back to back not one problem till now.
Am wondering whether this is a processor issue not being fast enough for so much data to be crunched at once?
Could this be a res to aspect ration problem have all the bugs with 16/9 at 4K been solved could this be connected?
I tried doing the same thing on a friends machine this was a 17' Macbookpro 2.6GHZ though with I think 4GB RAM same problem. Only difference was on his computer the frames were fuzzy snow over black instead of just black.
Next step is to do the render out at the post house on an 8 core but would really prefer to do it my self on my machine.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.