Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Export Single Shot In Redcine?

Harry Clark

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 29, 2006
Messages
1,791
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
NYC
OK,
I ran around and collected another 6 or 7 shots on a CF card. I've loaded them into Redcine. I would like to export a single specific shot to speed up my testing process. Every time I click the GO! icon the render starts at the first clip, no matter which one is loaded in the viewer.
Does it always have to be a batch process?
I can't seem to delete files from the project either.
Headed over to catchfly to look at the tutorials...
Cheers,
Harry
 
I trashed the other shots in the Library window so that the one shot is the only thing loaded into Redcine at the moment.
But surely there is an easier way?
Cheers,
Harry
 
Thanks Ian.
At least it seems to be rendering now! ;)
Cheers,
Harry
 
There is a way to render out a single shot out of a timeline in REDCINE. If you move the cursor in the mini timeline (with multiple shots) to the desired shot and hit the RANGE button it will single out that shot, you can then render out just that shot. You can also use in and out points to render out a specific section of shots in the timeline.

Kevin
 
There is a way to render out a single shot out of a timeline in REDCINE. If you move the cursor in the mini timeline (with multiple shots) to the desired shot and hit the RANGE button it will single out that shot, you can then render out just that shot. You can also use in and out points to render out a specific section of shots in the timeline.

Kevin

Awesome!
 
Use the bracket [ ] buttons to manualy single out a shot in the timeline (place the cursor on the timeline at the inpoint of the shot then click the [ button - do the same with the out point and the ] button). You can also click cntrl (pc) you can drag the little white marker posts around the timeline.
 
That great guys. Thanks!
Cheers,
Harry
 
Is there a way for redcine to export the entire timeline but as individual files for each shot? I only know how to export a single shot at a time, or all the shots at once as one big quicktime file.
 
Does a "how to" book exists for the Redcine or an operations manual?

Thanks
Dave
 
Is there a way for redcine to export the entire timeline but as individual files for each shot? I only know how to export a single shot at a time, or all the shots at once as one big quicktime file.

Under the place where you can name an export in the OUTPUT module bring up the pop-up and select the 'separate folders' button. That will put each shot in its own folder named EVENT001 etc. Great for DPX exports but it works for Quicktimes as well.
 
Back
Top