Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Export Setting : Going To Pro-res 422

Johnny Friday

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2007
Messages
3,367
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
La Paz, Baja Ca. Sur, Mexico
Website
bajaproductions.com
can anyone confirm your export settings in REDCINE if exporting to pro-res 422?

I have gotten many of the same gargled footage and seems that based on my settings I can get better results. I'm looking for the optimum results at the moment without the 20 to 1 export ratio while converting my R3D files to pro-res 422

For the moment my settings in REDCINE are:
Process: Standard
Format: Quicktime
Pro-res 422 HQ
Format: HD 1080p
Quality: maxium
Filter: linear OR sinc

.....This seems to be the settings that work for me and i don't get 20 to 1 processing times.

Anyone have same results and using this same setup for going to prores 422?
Would be interested in finding the OPTIMUM settings for transcoding to proress 422.

Thanks for any help or your suggestions.
 
Ola amigo,

the visible difference between ProRes HQ and ProRes standard is so small that it's negligible if your final result is HDTV. I'd use HQ only for film-out or very delicate work in post. You can use the same settings.

Saludos cordiales.
 
We're getting similar render times for the same codec. I heard it said by a Red rep somewhere in this forum that they were going to try to make the code more efficient - obviously not yet. By the way, if you plan on doing further color correction, use the HQ - far more information in the file. I hope this helps.

Nick.
 
Back
Top