Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Epic X #305 stolen

Ouch I can't imagen after all the waiting and finally getting it set up the way you like it and some &*$% head steals your pride and joy.
My deepest sympathy for you.
Ill let my buddies who work on production out in AZ know to keep a heads up also if they hear of a smoking deal on a Epic Or see someone who has no biz with one.
 
Very sorry to hear the news. I'll keep an eye out in Houston. It's just a matter of time before the camera turns up and someone gets busted!
 
Ouch I can't imagen after all the waiting and finally getting it set up the way you like it and some &*$% head steals your pride and joy.

You pretty much nailed it. That's just how I feel. I know that you guys are the ones that understand the most how I feel. Thanks for the support!
 
I'm in Phoenix. I work all over the state. If I see or hear anything, I'll let you know. I just got mine, so I can only imagine what you're going through. Stay strong, man.
 
Shit man, sucks!
Would it be an idea for red to make a stolen camera list that syncs with Redcine-X. Each camera has a unique PIN, so if redcine could check the the metadata with the red stolen camera database and then automatically send the ip of the user to red, it would never be possible to shoot something on it again without somebody noticing it, and possibly tracking it back. I would approve redcine to do something like that (like google maps asks your location) Redcine could also do that?


That was one of the many concepts discussed back in 2007 in this thread:

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?6499-Possible-Stolen-Red-Camera-Help-Needed/page4


There have been a number of ideas presented on this topic over time - from lost functions similar to those in some Apple products, to GPS embedded devices, to requiring clocked log-ins. Some were good, others not so much.
As a side note, I seem to recall an idea presented where module serial numbers could also become part of the metadata (not for all, but the more expensive modules).

It is unfortunate that our heightened interest rises with a theft, then fades over time. No surprise there - that mimics everything in life. Perhaps there is enough of a critical mass of owners now where a tiger team can be formed to identify and implement an appropriate, affordable solution. The ideas are out there - and have been for a while - it's time to look seriously at implementation.
 
Back
Top