Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

epic w newbie question

Jean baptiste

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 26, 2016
Messages
92
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi
I picked up my epic w last week so I will have hundred newbie question regarding this camera. I will group them into this post.

first one, what's the process for record video with sound ? I started some test and recorded prores HQ but there is no sound. How can I record the sound wiht internal micro or external micro ? thanks
 
Hi Jean baptiste,

You can record sound with the internal microphone but you have to push the gain in the menu.

To record with an external microphone, you need a camera module from Red (Base expander, Redvolt expander) or a third party (Off Hollywood, Tilta...). It depends of what you want (jack entry or xlr, phantom power or not...).
 
Hi
Thanks for your help, I have a dcm2 base expander. So what's the process, you connect microphone on the microphone plug and that s all ? If you have a Screenshot of the setting in the menu it will help a lotThanks
 
The manuel is online

Definitely read it, twice
 
Go to the audio settings in the menu. You have to select either external or internal mic. There you have gain (volume) control as well
 
Back
Top