Tommy Penick
Well-known member
Hi all,
First of all thanks for the bounty of good information on this site! Been lurking in the shadows soaking in the information for quite a while.
Did a quick test shoot/personal shoot today at my house and got some pretty funny looking artifacts in the footage. I've attached some screenshots from RedCine-X to demonstrate it; wondering if the firmware upgrade has anything to do with it? I just performed it yesterday. Not only does the footage have this weird banding but also seems to have a green spot in the middle. Clips tend to start with this and get better as it keeps rolling, as you can see in the wide shot. Though it might look like a temperate thing, it actually got worse as the shoot continued. Got my E-W back in October, haven't seen any issues like this until today.
Any thoughts? Trying to chase if it's something I've done wrong or if I have an issue.
Camera Settings:
8k 23.98 and 6k 59.96
Low-Light OLPF
Black balanced after firmware upgrade (yesterday)
Adaptive temp @ 40
Canon glass
Kino overhead and natural light, warmed up to temp
EDIT: Hard to see anything in those thumbnails, screenshots hosted on Dropbox now: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qmdgjlwcle3l0fv/AAAbPbNdqL5FaxVo9PvQpPVxa?dl=0
Thanks!
First of all thanks for the bounty of good information on this site! Been lurking in the shadows soaking in the information for quite a while.
Did a quick test shoot/personal shoot today at my house and got some pretty funny looking artifacts in the footage. I've attached some screenshots from RedCine-X to demonstrate it; wondering if the firmware upgrade has anything to do with it? I just performed it yesterday. Not only does the footage have this weird banding but also seems to have a green spot in the middle. Clips tend to start with this and get better as it keeps rolling, as you can see in the wide shot. Though it might look like a temperate thing, it actually got worse as the shoot continued. Got my E-W back in October, haven't seen any issues like this until today.
Any thoughts? Trying to chase if it's something I've done wrong or if I have an issue.
Camera Settings:
8k 23.98 and 6k 59.96
Low-Light OLPF
Black balanced after firmware upgrade (yesterday)
Adaptive temp @ 40
Canon glass
Kino overhead and natural light, warmed up to temp
EDIT: Hard to see anything in those thumbnails, screenshots hosted on Dropbox now: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qmdgjlwcle3l0fv/AAAbPbNdqL5FaxVo9PvQpPVxa?dl=0
Thanks!