Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Epic-W exposure issue

Derek Carlson

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 9, 2016
Messages
276
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hey guys. I'm trying to figure out if theres a setting I need to change, or something else is going on. Shot this at ISO 6400 with STH. Pretty noisy, and would never use this, but found that in really low exposure scenes I'm getting this flickering issue -- any ideas? Thanks.

 
Derek I have not seen that myself, I shot a low light reception last week at all 3200 (ish), anyways are you flying the epic-w on the ronin m?

Lastly can you post a screen shot of your settings, dragon 2, gamma ect ect from redcine x? Also lens?

Steve
 
What was your temp readings saying?

Looks like the camera coming up to temperature???
 
Haven't gotten it on my Ronin-M yet, this is my first night getting a chance to play around with the camera. Shot in ProRes 4444 2k, shot in Dragon Color and Log3G12. Cal T/E are both green. It's almost like it's stepping up or scene averaging the exposure, it's just not doing it smoothly. Lens is Sigma 18-35mm.
 
do the firmware update, then reblack shade, then try again, that would be my first steps, I am planning on dropping my W on the ronin m by monday, just ordered all the balancing parts

steve
 
I'll give that a shot. Sweet, let me know how it works. I'm hoping after this week I'll have more time to play around!
 
I saw a performance difference after upgrade for sure, or it could just be me, but I felt I did

steve
 
It looks like I have the latest firmware. Is it worth trying to re-install?
 
I cant say I am qualified to say that, also I dont use any electronic lenses not sure if it could be a weird autofocus thing ect.

Try a manual lense, I am just tossing crap at the wall

steve
 
actually after watching it again, try hitting auto white balance and doing the same test, again just crap at the wall

steve
 
Did black shade and factory reset and it seems to be working okay now. Hope it's not a recurring problem. :confused1:
 
My epic-W did that right out of the box: noticed on a super low light test like yours. Since updating and black-shading, I haven't noticed it to that anymore.
 
Also wouldn't expect "amazing" results at 6400 asa with Skintone highlight, but maybe that's just me.

Funny , I don't even remember my camera letting me rate it past 3200... but maybe that's in a newer firmware.
 
Also wouldn't expect "amazing" results at 6400 asa with Skintone highlight, but maybe that's just me.

Funny , I don't even remember my camera letting me rate it past 3200... but maybe that's in a newer firmware.

Go into advanced
 
Yeah I definitely wouldn't use anything over 3200 with STH, even that's a bit noisy. Do you guys just run auto capture black shade?
 
If I was doing a low light test, I would use the low light OLPF. No?
 
Back
Top