Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

EPIC rolling will stop MX upgrade?

Thats kind of a negative and skeptical attitude. I doubt Red would purposely delay Epic just to sell a few more upgrades. In fact I am sure that vast majority of stage 2ers are upgrading anyway. Red has a vision that goes far beyond just making a few bucks in the short term.

Can someone close this thread now?
 
If anything, the oposite...


The MX upgrade to R1 came as a nice surprise on me. The R1 lives on and the presure on epic is taken down slightly. It can released when it is good enough.

Are you currently shooting RED Mr Mohan?
 
With still several Thousands of R1's to be MXed, Epic-X stage II will be out while still many MX upgrades will continue to go on, the Red ONe is an other camera, different form Scarlet and different from Epic, different users will buy different cameras, the Red ONe and MX have a long life ahed of them, long after Epic and Scarlet are out and about.
 
Once EPIC released what will be position of MX upgrades? Is EPIC delayed because of MX upgrade still going on?

Good question. Till date RED1 is strong. No other camera is anywhere near it. Mx will make it better. EPIC is not for every body. I look at all these 3 at different positions. I don't find any negativity in this thread.
 
I don't find any negativity in this thread.

The question "Is EPIC delayed because of MX upgrade still going on?" is really asking if RED is holding out on delivering EPICs in order to sell more MX upgrades, keeping all of those $5000 deposits in limbo in what would be a *very* underhanded business tactic.

That's an incredibly negative implication, and I were Jim, I would be highly offended.

I thought it was quite clear that RED highly values their customers, and that the EPIC delay was due to a bug (as stated by Jim) and consequently some follow-up changes to the camera.

Unless the OP meant something else?
 
heres an implication.. but of apple.. and I have insider knowledge that this is 100% true..

apple send out an update to slow down ipods and iphones upon release of a new product.

im sure most of you have noticed your iphone 3g or 3gs getting slower and slower.. and then once iphone 4 was announced it realllly slowed down...

this ploy is used to get you to upgrade.
pretty shitty....

RED isnt like apple thank god.
 
Jim and the Red team have said several times that the M-X upgrade operation is completely separate from Epic & Scarlet development and either one's progress or slowdown doesn't affect the other.
 
heres an implication.. but of apple.. and I have insider knowledge that this is 100% true..

apple send out an update to slow down ipods and iphones upon release of a new product.

im sure most of you have noticed your iphone 3g or 3gs getting slower and slower.. and then once iphone 4 was announced it realllly slowed down...

this ploy is used to get you to upgrade.
pretty shitty....

RED isnt like apple thank god.

This makes me laugh. And, of course, I am wondering what kind of "insider knowledge" would there be that makes this "100% true." Sorry to doubt you as you are obviously sincere. But consider me a skeptic. Ya gotta love the rumor mill and the conspiracies all around us! :001_rolleyes:
 
Zakaree is our resident conspiracy theorist on a number of subjects. ;)

Although in this case it might be incidentally true but not an evil ploy. Almost every iphone release coincides with a new upgrade to iOS. More features = more bloat = slower performance.

My android phone keeps getting slower for this very reason.
 
my friend is a software engineer at apple up in cupertino, ca

Which makes it pretty credible and insider

I have a several friends there. I'll ask. I wonder if they get fired for divulging this kind of information? Or worse... :emote_22_yikes: ...they are never seen again!
 
FWIW,

I've been employed by Apple as a software engineer, and manager, and never at any time has any such thing been requested of me or happened to me or any products that my friends work on.

I know folks on the ipod/iphone team they've worked with me across a couple of companies, and they'd quit if there were asked to intentionally cripple a shipping product.

To accuse RED of such a thing is unworthy of comment.

Steve
 
RED wouldnt do this.. they are opposite.. they are releasing new builds to enhance for free..

as for apple.. All i know Is i have had a 1st gen iphone, and 2 3g iphones..
my latest iphone 3g i never upgraded.. it ran fast as hell when i first got it.. then by 3 weeks ago.. it would take forever to load a single app.. making a call was a chore as I would type a number.. and it would lag on it for a good 3-5 seconds.. before moving on.

either way.. installing new software on an iphone meant for a new model will slow it down.

im just glad Jim and team understand what the customers want and give it to us!!!
 
Wow! The guy was just asking a question! I don't think he was accusing RED of anything untoward at all, just inquiring. Cool off guys! A simple "I don't think so" is more than enough of a response.
 
Once EPIC released what will be position of MX upgrades? Is EPIC delayed because of MX upgrade still going on?
They can walk and chew gum at the same time.
 
Back
Top