Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Epic Dragon and scarlet mx on a project

Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Hi,

I did a couple of two camera projects with an epic mx and a scarlet mx. It worked very well, and it was very easy to finish it. The cameras, of course, would cut seamlessly.

But now, my epic is returning from the upgrade, and I don't have, within the budget, the possibilitie to rent another dragon.

How difficult you guys think it would be to intercut epic dragon and scarlet mx?

I know testing is key. But If somebody has already done this, it would be nice.
 
Hi Pedro

We have shot Dragon and MX side by side, they cut together fine, but this will also depend on your subject, lens choice, angle etc. the contrast range of scene will also have an impact with Dragon giving you more in the highlights.

If everything is properly lit and exposed correctly for each Camera then you will be fine, I can't show the example from our shoot because of an NDA.

Some subjects will show more of a difference but this should mostly come out in the grade.

Happy shooting
 
Pedro,
I think that if you shoot within the intersected range protecting the highlights on the mx and the lows/shadows on the dragon, everything should be ok!
In essence scenes without excessive contrast and with shadows (where you still want detail) exposed @ 250/400 ISO would be fine!
 
If you have to ask, that's a good sign (unless the A7s was only for time-lapse)! A7s is full-frame, 4k, and ISOmillion-billion or whatever... seems like a pretty good back-up camera.

Back on topic, I would think if you used the Scarlet for the tighter shots, you should be good as you could control the lighting/contrast ratio/dynamic range better on close-ups. Not sure how much of a difference it makes, but setting them both to the same ColourSpace (like RedColour3) should also help...

To be honest, I'd be more concerned with the resolution/sharpness difference, but that can be dialled in with post.
 
Back
Top