Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Dumb question (probably) - Red One MX

Nick Junkersfeld

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 20, 2009
Messages
156
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Minneapolis, MN
I'm prepping a Red One MX (build 32.0.3) to serve as b-cam on a shoot today. The one single thing I'm confused by is the inability to set the shooting FPS to 23.98. Not the project timebase mind you, it was easy to do that, but the shooting frame rate itself displayed on the top-left of the monitor. All I'm able to select in the menu is 23FPS, 24FPS, 25FPS etc.

Is this merely a display inadequacy on the camera's part? Or am I missing a crucial spot in the menu to select (and display) 23.98FPS?


Thanks in advance to whoever can share some insight!
 
Answered my own question :/ shot some tests and pulled them into RedCine-X. It does indeed record @ 23.976fps despite showing "24fps" as the recording frame rate combined with a 23.98 time base. Cheers.
 
Back
Top