Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

DSMC Side Handle

kylebainter

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 12, 2007
Messages
424
Reaction score
1
Points
18
Location
Chicago/SW Michigan
Website
www.vimeo.com
Hey guys, I just received my side handle. It feels very nice in the hand. I have not gotten it to work yet (I am hoping it is because I'm on an older firmware and haven't had time to update), but I wanted to make a suggestion about the screws on it. Right now to take the side screen off we use the torx wrench. Now the side handle is different and is a metric allen key. This is fine and dandy, but the normal multi allen key tools can not put it on or take it off since the space is ridiculously tight. Did I miss seeing a stand alone small metric allen key to help with this? Why did you stray away from the torx bolts so we only need to take that loose wrench with? Was this purposeful for a reason I'm not understanding? Many 1st AC's are not keeping loose allen keys with them at all times. I hope this feedback either clarifies something for me, or helps with future side handles.
 
Curious if you can get yours to work. Mine was DOA. After trying everything with the engineers I Had to ship it back yesterday to see what the problem was. 100% agree with the screws though. I'm excited to get it back to play with!
 
Hey guys, I just received my side handle. It feels very nice in the hand. I have not gotten it to work yet (I am hoping it is because I'm on an older firmware and haven't had time to update), but I wanted to make a suggestion about the screws on it. Right now to take the side screen off we use the torx wrench. Now the side handle is different and is a metric allen key. This is fine and dandy, but the normal multi allen key tools can not put it on or take it off since the space is ridiculously tight. Did I miss seeing a stand alone small metric allen key to help with this? Why did you stray away from the torx bolts so we only need to take that loose wrench with? Was this purposeful for a reason I'm not understanding? Many 1st AC's are not keeping loose allen keys with them at all times. I hope this feedback either clarifies something for me, or helps with future side handles.
So a red tool doesn't remedy this issue with the different bolts?
 
Back
Top