Eamon Long
Active member
Hi Owners and Devs,
After purchasing the Redlink System to try and develop an Android Side to compliment what Mikael L did with Fool Control for the Ios. I'm noticing the Redlink has no compatibility with any other DSMC portion. Even as a 1st AC for years this is just a gross oversight. The backend has no accounting for a different battery system.
Current Setup:
Epic-M Dragon
Red +1 Module
x D-Box for SDi/HDMI Out
Anton Bauer BackPlate
Just wondering if anyone has run into this? I'm trying to figure out if i need to run ext power to this unit to get WIFI Control to the RedLink system. It's front side is the V-Lock System and the back is a nice shiny Red Logo.
How do i attach all my accessories and attach the Wifi?
Is the Connector dependent on attaching to the DSMC Accesories. Should i move my WC battery backplate to a different place? Should i sacrifice the connectivity of my D-Box(all jokes aside) to an israeli arm. Just seems like bad design/Poor planning on both Company/Owner Part. Anybody come up with a decent ergonomic answer for this yet?
(Please Keep in mind. I'm young, good, and can fab most of my own stuff...but i'd rather be shooting and solve other problems for us DP/Shooters -- Please don't think it's ego...i swear its just dealing with years of clients and problems with gear. I don't work at VER/Able. I just want shit that works in the field. xox)
Only thing i can think of is:
1) attaching the Redlink to the side of the tac cage.
A.) Lose all connectivity with the back gold-plate stuff
B.) Attach the d_box from WC to the side and that just looks stupid as F***.(half this stuff is based on cam setup)
2) Build my own CNC attachment and that shit sucks.
Anybody have any realistic solutions? Seriously, just curious.
-Eamon
After purchasing the Redlink System to try and develop an Android Side to compliment what Mikael L did with Fool Control for the Ios. I'm noticing the Redlink has no compatibility with any other DSMC portion. Even as a 1st AC for years this is just a gross oversight. The backend has no accounting for a different battery system.
Current Setup:
Epic-M Dragon
Red +1 Module
x D-Box for SDi/HDMI Out
Anton Bauer BackPlate
Just wondering if anyone has run into this? I'm trying to figure out if i need to run ext power to this unit to get WIFI Control to the RedLink system. It's front side is the V-Lock System and the back is a nice shiny Red Logo.
How do i attach all my accessories and attach the Wifi?
Is the Connector dependent on attaching to the DSMC Accesories. Should i move my WC battery backplate to a different place? Should i sacrifice the connectivity of my D-Box(all jokes aside) to an israeli arm. Just seems like bad design/Poor planning on both Company/Owner Part. Anybody come up with a decent ergonomic answer for this yet?
(Please Keep in mind. I'm young, good, and can fab most of my own stuff...but i'd rather be shooting and solve other problems for us DP/Shooters -- Please don't think it's ego...i swear its just dealing with years of clients and problems with gear. I don't work at VER/Able. I just want shit that works in the field. xox)
Only thing i can think of is:
1) attaching the Redlink to the side of the tac cage.
A.) Lose all connectivity with the back gold-plate stuff
B.) Attach the d_box from WC to the side and that just looks stupid as F***.(half this stuff is based on cam setup)
2) Build my own CNC attachment and that shit sucks.
Anybody have any realistic solutions? Seriously, just curious.
-Eamon



