Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Does 18-35 Sigma cover VV at 35mm?

scott devitte

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 5, 2013
Messages
839
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I haven't owned this lens for awhile, so can't test it, but remember it covered Aps-h except at widest and had heard (or remember) that it covered full frame at 35mm. Anybody able to test it?
 
Google is your friend. :)

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1279757/1

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sigma-18-35-1-8/4

Still corner vignetting going on on a FF35 sensor.

Monstro 8K FF has a diagonal 3mm bigger than FF35.

Even 8K HD is still larger than FF35.

You'd probably have to shoot ~7K or so to get it to to clear.

I had seen these and also read that Ming Thein, a great stills shooter/writer said at 35mm it covered Nikon D810. Frankly I was hoping somebody with it and a Monstro would try it, because last week at Nick Morrison’s studio we were pleasantly surprised at the coverage that The Contax lenses afforded, and the sensor is wider and less high than FF which might affect any given lens differently. I wouldn’t take for example bottom left to top right diagonal coverage on FF as gospel on Monstro VV.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top