Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

different color skin tone OLPF

Josh Fritts

Active member
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello all!

I have a shoot about to start and we have 6x dragons all with Skin Tone OLPF. I have noticed that 4 of OLPF have a red tint to them, but 2 do not. Still, they are all labeled 'Skin Tone.'

Anybody know why this would be?

Thanks

Josh Fritts
 
you might be right.

When I pull the OLPF from the camera i can see the red tint when looking at the back of the OLPF. That raises the next question.. Are they directional and does it need to be flipped in the holder?
 
Have you done a black shade on the 2x Dragons?
 
I have not done a black shaded the cameras yet.
 
Black shading and OLPF are not related.

My bad! jumped the gun and read between the lines. The words "Red Tint" always bring back my nightmares of red/magenta tinted footage and noise.

Any hoot, always good to black shade folks. Especially with so many Dragons!
 
Absolutely! Get em all up to temp, get all the settings where they ought to be and black shade them babies!
 
Make sure in the camera settings that the camera is set for the OLPF being used. There are 3 choices in the firmware and it must be selected manually.
 
I'm just realizing that I forgot to add an important piece of information that i think got us off track at Mat_G first response.

The red tint I'm referring to, is physically on the OLPF itself. Not on the recorded image file.

My concern is, that two of the cameras have OLPF that are labeled Skin Tone, but are not.

But, if I look through the OLPF backwards, I see the red tint. That makes me think the OLPF has been put into the filter holder backwards from the 4 other cameras. Which, brings up my next question. If the OLPF is in the holder backwards, does that matter (is the filter directional)?

hopefully this makes sense!!

Thanks

Josh
 
There's some directionality - not in colorimetry but in flare characteristics and lens reflections. Please contact Red support.

Graeme
 
I don't have one here to check. That's why it's best you contact Red support.

Graeme
 
RMA sent.

Hopefully its something that can be fixed quick. We have a test shoot in less than 48hrs and we're in Moscow!!

Josh
 
RMA sent.

Hopefully its something that can be fixed quick. We have a test shoot in less than 48hrs and we're in Moscow!!

Josh

Probably the fastest and safest way to solve this problem (if there actually is a problem) is to get two additional OLPFs and change them. It seems like the glass has been mounted flipped like it was suggested before, no idea if this could be user serviceable, better don´t try. Good luck.

Cheers,

Ulf
 
Back
Top