Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Crashes on Export

Gavin Greenwalt

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 29, 2006
Messages
7,614
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Age
40
I can hit export and the bar will come up saying.
"Setting up for processing"
and then windows will say the program performed an illegal blah blah blah and a second later REDCine will be gone.

DPX, Tiff, Quicktime. Doesn't matter.

Am I doing something wrong?

Any chance we can get a REDAlert for PC while we're waiting for a production (or home) worthy REDCine? I'm about ready to start using the trusty old "print screen" functionality to get data out of r3d files.

Edit: Snapshot - Image also kills it.
Edit2: Snapshot - View does not kill it. therefore I can conclude it's the render engine not the file writing module that's crashing... but I can also view and playback 4k full quality in the viewport which would seem to suggest that it's not the render engine either.

Edit3:

Windows debug:
AppName: redcine.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: nvogl32.dll
ModVer: 6.14.11.6371 Offset: 002a238c
 
Do you have quicktime or itunes open?
this has caused me to crash in the past...

B
 
nope.

Edit: Closed all services and everything still no good.
Edit2: Installed latest Nvidia drivers (it was like a XX.XX.02 upgrade) still no good.
Edit 3: Did what I should have done from the start and set it to run in "windows xp" compatibility mode. That fixed it.
 
Edit 3: Did what I should have done from the start and set it to run in "windows xp" compatibility mode. That fixed it.

Oh, you didn't get the memo.. :) Glad you have it running now.
 
Back
Top