David J. Buchanan
Well-known member
- Joined
- Oct 4, 2016
- Messages
- 371
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 16
- Location
- Minnesota
- Website
- davidjbuchanan.com
As the title states, I'm in a predicament with a surged board and now I need to upgrade.
I've already decided (unless someone can change my mind) to cheap out and spend $1,000 on Mobo, CPU, and RAM together.
My old system consisted of an i7-4930k and I'm thinking of doing a lateral move into the i7-7800x with Asus WS X299 SAGE mobo and Ripjaws G.Skill RAM.
My question is, will this be future proof? What I don't want is to be stuck behind the times. These computer systems change more than REDs sensors and I know I can easily fall behind if I don't make the right decision. Luckily I'm on a MacBook Pro and it's getting the work done, for now...
I've already decided (unless someone can change my mind) to cheap out and spend $1,000 on Mobo, CPU, and RAM together.
My old system consisted of an i7-4930k and I'm thinking of doing a lateral move into the i7-7800x with Asus WS X299 SAGE mobo and Ripjaws G.Skill RAM.
My question is, will this be future proof? What I don't want is to be stuck behind the times. These computer systems change more than REDs sensors and I know I can easily fall behind if I don't make the right decision. Luckily I'm on a MacBook Pro and it's getting the work done, for now...