Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

COLOR SETTINGS IN EPIC W

Luca Volpe

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 1, 2016
Messages
385
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
UK
Website
www.lucavolpe.com
Hi guys as is now a little confusing can we please write in this thread which are the best color settings in camera before the new color science come out?
Tomorrow I will go home and the Epic W is waiting me!!!
So....

If I ONLY want to record pro res:
Graded
Dragoncolor
Red Log Film

Is this ok? I suppose recording in log film the purple fringe will nit be visible and being flat I can color correct in post?

Recording in R3D what are the best settings in camera? (Straight from it)
Many thanks
 
Yes, those are the best for leaving room to grade in post. I shoot just this combo in ProRes, until the new RWG/3g10 is in camera.
 
red epic w

red epic w

before with the red epic the raw was different now with red epic w i feel the picture more details and sharpnes but as raw and science color cant feel it like arri .
is there any advice can help ?
 
Back
Top