Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Changing aspect ratio

Aaron Mouser

Active member
Joined
Jan 4, 2014
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi there,

Have a project coming up where in one shot (pushing in on dolly) I need to change my aspect ratio from 2.35 to 1.85. This is for dramatic purposes and the director has tasked me with figuring it out. Anyone have a better idea than my initial thought, finish in 1.85, crop opening to 2.35, then in post have them recede and fade away, leaving the whole 1.85 image?

Love to hear your thoughts.

Aaron
 
I did it in my last project - you can see at 0:55 in the video. I would suggest animating your frame instead of fade.

 
I like it. Did you use the method I described, sans the fade?
 
Back
Top