Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

CF Cards

Michael Shahin

New member
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Has anyone had luck with CF cards other then RED? I have two 320gb red drives but I would like to start shooting on CF cards. I was wondering if some of the newer high capacity CF cards would work with the Red One.

Thanks for the help
 
I have RED CF cards we aren't using anymore if you want to buy some. Haven't thought about a price, but certainly less than the RED store. Their CF cards are specifically made to handle this .r3d input. I have never heard of other cards working as well.
 
Non Red CF cards won't work - their firmware is tuned by Red for continuous write performance from start to end. Most off the shelf media only sustains their claimed speed in bursts.
 
Back
Top