Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Carrying Case For Run & Gun

  • Thread starter Thread starter Adam Welch
  • Start date Start date
A

Adam Welch

Guest
I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a carrying case that I can use for my run & gun configuration? I would like to be able to carry extra lenses but have everything else already configured.
 
I have a Cinebags Backpack, there i fit my scarlet (with side handle and touch screen safely attached), my 4-redvolts-pack, AC adapter, two battery chargers, my redstation + 2 64gb cards and a 24-70 lens. In the outside pockets I carry a rode Ntg-2, shock mount and an XLR cable. I still have two big outside pockets on each side to spare, plus a compartment for your laptop.

I love that you can configure your own comparments inside.

http://cinebags.com/revolutionbackpack.html


you should check this one out for your lenses (assuming you use still photo lenses):

http://cinebags.com/lenssmuggler.html
 
Last edited:
I use the Portabrace Rig case.

http://www.portabrace.com/products/cameras/camera-rigs/732-rig-cases-rig

img_1757.gif
 
2 More options

1) Chinese Boling camera case "cheap as chips"....
or
2) Petrol "Doctors Bag" No4 or 5.

All allow a fully kitted Scarlet with MB & FF to be pulled from the bag "pop up" the touch screen & your shooting. I went with the Petrol because it is "lower key bag" than the Photographic like black Boling (look @ me & steal me bag ).

P.S. Pic 3 illustrates the only draw back of the touch screen.... was that chicken, pizza or owls heart in b'earnaise sauce ; )

Scarletbag3.jpg
[/IMG]

Scarletbag1.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0469_zps55d1b6a9.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0470_zpsa769cf3e.jpg
[/IMG]
 
Last edited:
Hey Kristin

Sweet bag never heard of them before. With the Matte box does it easily fit. As usually this the widest point of a Scarlet kit. Even more so if the MB has that "lock off" tumb wheel overhanging on the left .
 
Hi Mike,

The bag is quite large and deep. But my friend who owns it doesn't have a Mattbox, only a 16-35mm Canon zoom. You have all the specs on their webpage, so I guess you can mesure all that before buying ;-) The Mattbox on the picture seems to fit though ;-)

All I can say is that he's very satisfied with it, you can arrange and remove all the compartiments parts inside (velcro), moreover you have a cover bag (rain) you can put on in case, it's very practical. I wouldn't recommend it though if you have to walk a lot, it's a little bit too heavy on the shoulder, you should go better with the backpack version. Tenba bags are great ;-)

Kristin
 
Assuming I read your request correctly, that you are looking for a case FOR your Run-and-Gun kit, not a Run-and-Gun CASE? I submit:

Pelican 1560:
Scarlet Full assembled:
-6" fr rods
-24-70
-Bomb
-sidehandle
-tripod plate
-V-Brick plate and 150wt battery
-top handle
-9" Noga arm (for Pix)

PLUS:
-70-200
-11-16
-W/A attachment (for quick-conversion of 24-70)
-Pix recorder
-2 more 150wt Bricks
-tool kit
-filters (5)
-cleaning kit

In I-Dare-You-To-Try-And-Steal-Me Orange that hopefully every cop would ID immediately...
Equipped empty (no foam) with optional divider kit and Lid-organizer. Bomb proof. Water proof. Heavy (56lbs as filled). Qualifies for carry on with commercial carriers.

Stu Aull
Alaska
 

Attachments

  • Scarlet in 1560sm.jpg
    Scarlet in 1560sm.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 0
More ... the fraction of the price and size.

Following is the production bag currently on SALE for $139
http://gear.digitaljuice.com/hotdeals.asp






However if you can wait (when it goes on sale - I paid $129 for Large), watch out for the following camera bag I use sometime for run-n-gun situation.

 
Adam,

If you are ok with a backpack style setup, I'd suggest taking a look at Fstop backpacks. I just bought mine and I'm waiting for my pack to arrive for my newly purchased Weapon. The Shinn pairs with their largest ICU (the cine ICU). There are many good points to a setup like this as you can configure it to how you want it and what you are bringing with you. They have other packs too that aren't as large and their customer support is quite responsive. I was bothering them for a couple of weeks with different questions and what not. Hope that helps!
 
Back
Top