Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Can't export more than 1 frame

Clay Coleman

Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2007
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Points
0
RedCine latest version on MacPro OSX 10.4.11

I loaded a group of R3D files into Redcine and did my grade. The original material is 4K, and I'm downsizing to 10Bit QuickTime PAL 1024x576. My playout is going to a Sonnet Raid with plenty of free disc space.

When I hit GO, Redcine starts processing and creates a QuickTime on the Sonnet. When I open the QuickTime, all I get is the first frame of the first clip in the timeline. This happens even if I select another shorter clip in the timeline. I still just get the first frame of the first clip.

What gives?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Clay
 
First: Delete all the files under Libray/Redcine.
Second: Be sure that the project resolution matches the export resolution.
Third: Try using the "standard" debayer instead of "full".
Just my two cents...
 
Corrado,

Thanks muchly. I'll give your first suggestion a try. I think it's some simple issue like that as there are a lot of posts on the Redusernet describing the same problem. Very frustrating, I find, that the basic tools are still so unstable.

Meantime, your english is fine except for "the project resolution match the export resolution". Should be: "matches the export resolution."

Why?

The verb "to match" is conjugated as

I match
you match
he, she, or it matches
we match
they match
you (pl.) match

So, the resolution (it) matches. Got it?

Best,
Clay
 
Got it! Many thanks.
And let me know if you are able to solve this problem...
 
Corrado,

Ok, got it working, at least I was able to grade and export a single clip properly. I just set up a batch and sent it off to render out. It seems to be processing correctly now, I'll know for sure by this evening.

I didn't have the time to go through a step by step troubleshoot, so I'm not totally sure what the problem was. Trashing prefs, doing a clean install of Redcine, restarting, repairing permissions, restarting again, no other apps running, etc. seems to have saved the day.

Best,
Clay
 
Back
Top