Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Can we get an Adobe workflow section Jared?

I'll give you an Adobe workflow.

1. Capture footage to CF
2. Import footage into RedCine when available.
3. Convert footage to Cineform Prospect 2k.
4. Import footage into Premiere CS3.
5. Edit to your hearts content.
6. Export EDL to Scratch for 4k finish. (Or wait for Prospect 4k and finish in After Effects)

Chris
you don´t need step 5/6 if you use premiere to online the 4k in uncompressed 16/10bit RGB444 at 4k.


btw: there is another thread demanding an adobe / windows forum
http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?p=89846&posted=1#post89846
 
the workflow sound great, but, what is meant by the thread is that..will cineform be given the oppurtunity to provide the proper support to edit in premiere?
 
the workflow sound great, but, what is meant by the thread is that..will cineform be given the oppurtunity to provide the proper support to edit in premiere?
This question is being addressed thoroughly here:
http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3753

The short answer is yes. They are done with Prospect 4K which will be compliant with the 4K compatible Premiere Pro CS3 and are waiting for;

1) Tests with Redcode to make sure everything is working together like they plan
2) A viable market. Only a few hundred people own Reds right now so they are working on pricing to reflect the level of development they spent creating the product while being fair to clients.

Even in a few months, the number of 4K camera owners won't be enough for a nit-picky business owner to give two hoots about in comparison to the 720/1080 HD market they used to back the creation of CineForm in the first place.

I'd read the thread. David Newman does a wonderful job keeping us up to date from CF headquarters.
 
I just got back from a demo of SCRATCH. I am very impressed, its a wonderful system and perfectly suited to a high end RED based work flow.

I strongly recommend to anyone even remotely interested, contact Lucas and arrange a demonstration. You won't be disappointed.
 
I just got back from a demo of SCRATCH. I am very impressed, its a wonderful system and perfectly suited to a high end RED based work flow.

I strongly recommend to anyone even remotely interested, contact Lucas and arrange a demonstration. You won't be disappointed.

2nd that.
 
in the banner image they have an adobe "A" have you guys noticed it?

Jarred can you move all Adobe related threads into the new Adobe Workflow sub forum?

thanks

Mike Hedge
 
ai.php


Notice the Adobe A on the right???
 
ai.php


Notice the Adobe A on the right???

this thread and the cineform thread have more responses than all of the other subforums together.
 
It has been suggested that one possible reason that an Adobe forum hasn't been created is that there wouldn't be anything to populate it with. While this is partially true, I have not posted anything (and I have been doing testing) due to a lack of a proper place to post.

So, in the interest of keeping this line of conversation open, I suggest that everyone who has an interest post what their questions are and what they have learned thus far.

I will try and consolidate my findings and get something up in the next day or so. I suggest that others do the same.

Lets keep this positive and productive and more important, keep the bitching to a minimum.
 
So, in the interest of keeping this line of conversation open, I suggest that everyone who has an interest post what their questions are and what they have learned thus far.

Please do post. There actually was never a lack of a proper place, just the Adobe sub-forum didn't get created at the time of the other three. And there's a few other sub-forums that we need too. Where's the SCRATCH sub-forum, for example?

I've sent a PM to Jarred to see if he can create the Adobe forum. I know he's busy, but the natives are getting restless. Seems a lot of people went off the deep end when he created sub-forums for Apple and Avid and not Adobe.
 
Hi Jeff,

Yeah, its a bit of the "HEY, HE GOT ONE! WHERE'S MINE!"
I have kids so I am very familiar with this bit of human behavior!

I'll wait a day or two longer to see if Jarred gets it created and if not, I'll just post in the general workflow section.

I agree, we need a SCRATCH sub-forum as well, but one problem at a time.

Kevin
 
(sorry About The All Caps, But I'm Rendering And Am Too Lazy To Hold Shift)

I Don't Know How I Was So Lucky, But I Was Recently (as In Last Night) Able To Do Some Previews From R3d Files And I Took The Opportunity To Test Out The Clips In Premiere And After Effects. Using Red Alert I Made Quicktime Reference Files, Which Is Almost Instantaneous Then I Opened Up That Reference File In Ae And It Worked Great, No Issues With 2k 1k Or The .5k.

Ae Will Not Be A Problem At All, It Worked Just Fine!!!!

Then I Created A Project In Premiere (the Beta Since I Don't Own The Mac Version) I Tried It All 3 Different Ways, With The Different Resolutions And It Worked Well Enough At 1k And .5k, But At 2k (which, By The Way This Machine (2.66 Quad Core Intel Mac Pro) Can't Play Back The Redcode Reference File Smoothly In Quicktime). The Files At 2k Are Just Too Much For The Realtime Decode With The Beta Version Of The Quicktime Codec So It Dropped Frames. The Footage And The Resolution Is Crazy. Even .5k Files Look Great On A 1080p Screen. The Only Issue In Premiere, Which I Don't Know If It Was Caused By Premiere Or The Redcode Codec, But There Is A Line That Shows Up About 1/4th From The Right. The Line Is Created By The Left Side Of The Screen Being Slightly Darker Than The Right. This Line Isn't Showing Up In Ae So I'm Not Quite Sure What Is Going On.

From What I've Seen And In The Brief Testing, Adobe Users Have Great Hope For Cutting With The Reference Files. I'll Probably Be Cutting .5k Stuff Because Of How Good It Looks, Then Onlining With 2k For 1080p Exports. This Info Will Obviously Change, But I Hope It Gives People Hope That Adobe Isn't Left Out Of The Game. I'm Also Posting This In The Adobe Workflow Section, But Figured It Would Help In This Thread Too.
 
the workflow sound great, but, what is meant by the thread is that..will cineform be given the oppurtunity to provide the proper support to edit in premiere?

Here we are: Adobe = CineForm. Same is Vegas.
 
Back
Top