were you still looking for a PCIe lane adapter to go from 8x to 16x?
i found some more parts from the ML150 G3, one was this lane adapter. you'll have to add a bolt or something to lock your video card to the chassis as the riser will add about 3/8" of height but no biggie.
i also found a 3.3V to 5V PCI adapter, you might find useful. most of those server boards won't support the older PCI 32-bit cards.
i'll ship them to you for nothing if you donate something to the local SPCA or local animal shelter. send me a PM, if you're still in need
Hey GA! Sorry to be so long responding... this and that, you know. Actually I was just today clearing off a table to begin putting new hardware into my computer when I checked REDuser and found this thread bumped. Installed OS long ago but then shelved everything until more available time.
I ordered the PCIe lane adapter when I ordered the video card and have them both on hand. By my calculations, if I remember correctly, I can dremel off a piece of the plastic hold-doun that Dell uses and still get the lid to close over it and hold it in place. Will find out if true later.
Have checked often on ebay for PCI cards that might work with a Vista 64 bit OS (I know, I know... Vista is junk... but you know what they say... one man's junk is another man's headache, or something:tongue: )
I'm thinking of adding a PCI eSATA card for peripherals (like a SATA DVD etc.) and possibly for an external RAID 0 as well. What do you think? Is this a workable, though I'm sure not optimal, optior?
edit: My bitch just had pups yesterday, so by feeding her and their hungry little mouths, I feel I am doing my part helping the SPCA by not taking them to the animal shelter. :-() But thanks for the offer of the parts. Very neighborly of you.