Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Build 5.3.33 looks very nice with both olpf filters...

Jay Silver

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 5, 2007
Messages
262
Reaction score
1
Points
18
Website
www.jaysilverdp.com
So, I just got my camera back from getting the upgrade to the swappable OLPF. I gotta say that with the new build, both OLPF filters look great.
Before this build, I was leaning towards the LLO, but after shooting the quickest and simplest of test...literally walked out my door and pointed the
camera down the street...I gotta say it's sort of a toss up in regular, exterior daylight.
I kept both ISO settings at 800, had an ND1.5 in and tried to keep the histogram smack dab in the middle.
I shot a quick shot with it in the middle, then over exposed a little, probably about a stop and grabbed another take.
I have some screen grabs of the curve I put on each of the takes after setting them to red log film.
Here are a couple of jpegs as well. The two on the left are LLO and the two on the right are STH.
I transcoded the files to prores 4444 and the only thing I notice is the LLO is slightly warmer than the STH.
All the clips look amazingly clean.

Not sure if they tweaked anything with the color science on 5.3.33, but everything, in my simple little test, looks great.
 

Attachments

  • A001_C001_03136Y.0.0000000F.jpg
    A001_C001_03136Y.0.0000000F.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 0
  • A001_C002_0313T8.0.0000000F.jpg
    A001_C002_0313T8.0.0000000F.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 0
  • A001_C004_0313CA.0.0000000F.jpg
    A001_C004_0313CA.0.0000000F.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 0
  • A001_C005_03134O.0.0000000F.jpg
    A001_C005_03134O.0.0000000F.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 0
Here are the screen grabs from Redcine...

I threw the tiffs in lightroom and just added a little on the blacks slider and a touch of contrast.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2015-03-15 at 2.16.42 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-03-15 at 2.16.42 PM.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2015-03-15 at 2.18.30 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-03-15 at 2.18.30 PM.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2015-03-15 at 2.19.36 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-03-15 at 2.19.36 PM.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2015-03-15 at 2.21.32 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-03-15 at 2.21.32 PM.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top