Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Build 30... the Crossover build.

That might means you removed the .su file from the folder called Upgrade ...?

Nope...


again

" NO software update available on your system"


cheers,
 
NOw a little bit weird +

i think maybe upgrade to 21.4 and them go to 30.5

nothing them i tried some downgrade

i can't downgrade as well.

I tried on 20 and 18

I never had a tinny problem with my R1...very worried
Some help??

Stuart?

Cheers,
 
Make shure that ther's nothing else in the sd card, and copy just the upgrade folder, and try the same on the CF card.

Thanks...
but this is what i did.
And of course is not my first time...that's why i am feeling the whole thing very strange.

Thank You by the way...still waiting a shine light


cheers,
 
Hey guys i just got back home and brought a new SD card.
Tried this time with a brand new one... the 4th.
Worked!!

Now i'm running b.30.5

thanks Kingston
 
I can confirm that Build 30 footage will NOT open properly in the old REDCINE. The color science will be off and there is no FLUT support in the old REDCINE.

Jim

I was wondering if I could get further clarification about this. If I understand FLUT correctly... it's just a fine tune control over ISO. I can live with out this for what I need Redcine for.

Are there any other caveats? What about color science will be off exactly? How does this effect transcoding of raw data if I am using Camera RGB color space/Red Log gamma space? Does it debayer the same, do I pick up any unwanted softness?

I ask because I am working with a batch of Red footage that is unusually soft looking once transcoded. I've always added some sharpening back in during color correction, but this is beyond what I typically need to do.
 
I was wondering if I could get further clarification about this. If I understand FLUT correctly... it's just a fine tune control over ISO. I can live with out this for what I need Redcine for.

Hope all is well Brandon!

Hope this helps;

FLUT Color Science. A Graeme Nattress special. The beauty of this is that you don't need to learn anything. It is behind the scenes magic. If you don't clip RAW (with help from the new "goal posts")... you won't clip at any ISO. The highlight control is incredible. Included in this program is an updated color science, for both Mysterium and Mysterium-X sensors. Since EVERYTHING you have shot on RED is REDCODE RAW... you can use this new science in it's entirety on old footage. Select REDcolor in camera (Default actually) and REDgamma is automatically selected. These selections will show up when you open the footage in REDCINE-X. If it is old footage, change your color space and gamma to these choices. Then adjust (if necessary) using the FLUT Control to "center-up" your image in the histogram. We have added Lift, Gamma, Gain to REDCINE-X for initial grading along with the existing controls.

Jim
 
Hope all is well Brandon!

Hope this helps;

Doug, doing well... very busy here, non-stop. Hope NYC is still treating you well. So... appreciate the clipping about FLUT, but it doesn't really get to my point.

I want to know, from someone like Gramme what technically happens when Build 30 or higher footage is opened in Old-Redcine. Why as Jim states will it not look correct, in specific terms?

I use Redcine as purely a transcoding tool. All my grading takes place in Color or another higher end platform grading tool, and working with a plate transcoded in Camera RGB/Red LOG space provides a very flexible starting point and better responsiveness inside the grading tool.

Because Redcine-X is still unstable for us to rely on, and being able to transcode based on an XML is not 100% there yet, Redcine is still a favored and reliable tool. Technically speaking, for what I use it for, what is problematic about using old-redcine with build 30 footage? I eluded to potential softness of image issues in my earlier post, is this at all relevant? Is the debayer the same?

Thanks.
 
We opened up some build 30 footage in an old version of RedcineX and Red Alert and it was very yellow.
 
Back
Top