Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Bug: Video turns blue during decode

Stacey Spears

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 15, 2007
Messages
3,130
Reaction score
2
Points
38
Age
56
Location
Sammamish, WA
Website
www.spearsandmunsil.com
Machine / OS details are in the attached log, but here is a quick summary:

8-core
Server 2003 SP2
Redcine Build 90
nVidia Quadro FX 4600 (165.42)

I am using the content that Silverado sent out on the DVD-Rs: Tahoe Shoot Load 1, which contains 16 R3D files.

1. Open Redcine
2. Load All
3. Select parent folder with the 16 .RDC subfolders
4. Press play

Around the 3rd clip the video turns blue. This is where the decode errors show up in the log file. I can easily repro it.

I have hit this with previous versions, but I was running Vista at the time, so I chalked it up to another Vista issue.

The drive I am playing the clips off of is a RAID50. (16 drives)
 
I did some more testing. Is there something wrong with early R3D files? I believe the Silverado stuff was from an early build. I was able to load one file in particular that will cause the output to turn blue after a few frames.

File: Tahoe Shoot Load 1: A012_C002_070923_001.R3D

I tried a bunch of other R3D files, some from FXPHD, Jim 2k car, etc... and they seem to play/decode fine.
 
That Silverado file does the same thing on my system. Hmm...also file A012_C015_070293 seems to do the same thing as well. In fact it seems like when trying to playback a larger file or if there are multiple files in the timeline it is easy to get the blue screen. Maybe something to do with video memory buffer overflow? Once the blue screen occurs it is no longer possible to output the file successfully.

So to summarize I can load a large file and then output it with no problems, however if I load a large file and play it back it causes a blue screen after which I cannot output the file. Are you seeing the same thing?
 
I did some more testing. Is there something wrong with early R3D files? I believe the Silverado stuff was from an early build. I was able to load one file in particular that will cause the output to turn blue after a few frames.

File: Tahoe Shoot Load 1: A012_C002_070923_001.R3D

Stacey,

Its possible that we had some shots that were hastily recorded due to the time crunch when we shot that footage--also combined with early firmware.

We'll cull that footage from future discs.

Torrey
-----------------------------------------------
Torrey Loomis
President & CEO - Silverado Systems, Inc.
Outfitter to the World's Foremost Apple Professionals
2600 East Bidwell Street, Suite 280
Folsom, CA 95630
(916) 760-0032 • FAX (916) 404-5258
tloomis@silverado.cc
http://www.Silverado.cc

Check out our Insider blog at http://silveradosys.blogspot.com
 
Back
Top