Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Blackshade without Touch Monitor

Brendan H. Banks

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
916
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
NYC
Hey all,

Looking to see if it's possible to perform a blackshade without the touch monitor. Both on my sidekick and in FoolControl when I go to Settings>Maintenance>Calibrate>Sensor the only options are IN CAMERA and ON MEDIA:/CALIBRATION to load profiles. I only have the FACTORY profile in there currently and want to create my own. Can someone point me in the right direction? My plan is to not have a touch (I did not purchase) and control via Sidekick and Foolcontrol.

-Brendan
 
86 that actually. Let me write about how to solve though in case anyone else has an issue.

In FoolControl there is a feature called KEYS (it's a yellow button on the bottom right). That will effectively be how you navigate on camera menus that you may not be able to control via the Sidekick (I didn't realize the sidekick kind of operates on its own level and is intended for ACs mostly in contrast to the side handle which controls the on screen menus). You can just use that like a DPad and scroll wheel to fix anything you may need to. I used my sidekick to enable wifi and then FoolControl's KEYS function to accept my user agreement and now set the black shade. Hope this helps others!
 
Thanks Brendan! I am actually thinking about switching up and going the same route so this is very helpful. ^_^
 
You should be able to enable the UI on the SDI/HDMI output and navigate the OSD using the sidekick to the calibrate menu so that you can blackshade. This is what I had to do when I first received my Weapon. I was still waiting for the LCD at that time.

Yeah what's funny is that I tried to do that but when I activate settings and menus on the Sidekick the Sidekick menu reacts, but the OSD does not. Not sure if I am missing a setting but if you have any info, Stacey, I'd love to hear on how you got the OSD to react to Sidekick inputs.
 
Yeah what's funny is that I tried to do that but when I activate settings and menus on the Sidekick the Sidekick menu reacts, but the OSD does not. Not sure if I am missing a setting but if you have any info, Stacey, I'd love to hear on how you got the OSD to react to Sidekick inputs.

Also figured this one out, just needed to press buttons haha. To have the sidekick control the OSD settings, hit MODE until it says Control Screen : [insert whatever screen you're using, for me it's HDMI]

That's kinda it!
 
Back
Top