Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

BIG PROBLEMS WITH PICTURE QUALITY.......

Great stuff.

Hi Matt. The guy with the Merc, is my shot... :)

50 mm Master (if I remember), but def on the day of mourning after the July 22th murders in Norway...
People were discussing everywhere.

But that's fine... :)

huh? What pic with the Merc?

If your talking about the tutorials I posted they aren't mine...just a collection of them I found on the web that I thought would help give an insight into CC and the tools. I like that you shot it on Master Primes in public :)
 
huh? What pic with the Merc?

If your talking about the tutorials I posted they aren't mine...just a collection of them I found on the web.


AH... Thought they were yours, and got curious when I saw that pic.

I put it out here for the Scarlet crowd to play with last year, after all the nov 3rd screaming. I am fine.

Just wanted to mention that I did the shot.

Anyway.

Good stuff you do!
 
AH... Thought they were yours, and got curious when I saw that pic.

I put it out here for the Scarlet crowd to play with last year, after all the nov 3rd screaming. I am fine.

Just wanted to mention that I did the shot.

Anyway.

Good stuff you do!

Thanks, no those are older tutorials that I bookmarked from when I was learning to CC. Patrick from Presyntk did the tutorial with your image. He even credited you in the description, but it's a really old tutorial: http://vimeo.com/34650798#
 
PIC EDIT

PIC EDIT

THIS IS A RE-COLOR OF YOUR PIC BRO
 

Attachments

  • RED SCARLET RED RAW.jpg
    RED SCARLET RED RAW.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 0
  • red user pic edit.jpg
    red user pic edit.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 0
FULL SIZE COLOR EDIT GRUNGE LOOK

FULL SIZE COLOR EDIT GRUNGE LOOK

COLOR GRADE LOOK
 
I DIDNT FIND THE R3D EITHER, I COULD ONLY FIND HIS JPEG LOW RES
 
YEAH NOT MUCH YOU CAN DO WITH A LOW RES...OH WELL!! ;)
 
He didn't send me thatone...

But these threads, where people can get a bit away from misunderstandings and see the potential in what they have in their hands, are really good to feed.

There is so much FUD....

Shooting RED is really simple (but powerfull)...

1st expose for what you want
2nd post for making that vision come through...

BUT
The cams don't do either for you. Nor does RED.
They just give you the power to do so, if you have the capacity and vision to do so.

RED is no "magic bullet"
 
Resolve is your friend. Quick 2 minute grades. Make sure you click the images to view full 2k versions.







resolve_nodes.jpg


2k_crop_800.jpg
 
What version Mac Pro and OS X are you running?

10.6.8
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro1,1
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2,66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 6 GB
 
10.6.8
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro1,1
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2,66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 6 GB

its quite old one ( home computer ) i just want to have DAVINCE at home also)
 
I had to cheat on the skies and add a layer of blue gradient because the skies in your original shots were way blown out and overexposed. There was no way to recover them even being a RAW camera. The shots with the city in the background were way overexposed...

Check the files again - none of the skies are clipping.

Even though shooting at ISO 250 is not recommended, the scenes are low contrast so exposure is actually pretty good.





2k_crop_02_800.jpg
 
Don't worry my friend practice makes perfect. All the information is there to pull a sweet image , you will be fine. All you need to do is practice your grading skills and all will be well, nice shots btw.
 
Back
Top