Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

BEST R3D EXPORT SETTINGS ON PREMIERE PRO CC

Jesus Ibarra

Active member
Joined
Jan 2, 2016
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Hey guys,

Just wondering what are the best export settings to export a cut on Premiere Pro CC for like a music video that's going to Youtube (Footage was shot on 5k on a Scarlet-W). I've been working directly with the 5K R3D Files on my PPCC Project (at 1/4th the resolution to help my computer) but haven't found what are the best codec or settings to export it to the best possible quality of the footage, so far my tests have been pretty lame and doesn't look as good as most Raven/Scarlet-W Vids I've seen on youtube. Could anyone help with this?

Thanks a lot!

Here are a few good examples of videos that I think look amazing on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbumgabJof4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So_fYsU93tQ&t=52s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodVDX8zOIQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3USCVEWQU1c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NhxBbkouVk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJASM0TLkeQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfjMv4Nr7HA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUV7ZOgXwiw
 
Me, personally, I render out x264 directly out of Premiere (H.264 looks microblocky, in comparison, tbh). Depending what resolution I'm going for, but if 4K, 2 pass, 50,000-60,000kbps, Slow or Slower preset. Could go higher in bitrate if you wanted as well, but I feel that's a pretty good spot for quality and size.

I haven't played with x265 yet, but I might start doing that.
 
Note that you can get higher bandwidth (and less compression) out of Vimeo Pro, but that costs a few bucks.
 
what sucks with youtube is a little-known secret that high traffic accounts, such as a youtube account of a major music artist, are held on higher quality servers with faster bandwidth and better compression. So what I mean is, if you upload the same quality file to YOUR own youtube channel, and then tell Justin Bieber for instance to upload the same file on his channel, it will look better and more clear with less compression on his channel because Youtube would have prioritized his channel on to better premium servers
 
Back
Top