Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Best gimbal stabilizer for RED One in 2017? Movi, Letus, etc.?

Zack Birlew

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
Messages
1,462
Reaction score
97
Points
48
Location
Las Vegas
Website
www.babsdoproductions.com
Hi, everybody, I'm looking at the possibility of getting a gimbal stabilizer for my RED One MX for my upcoming feature film. I've tried looking around at Movi and a few others that I could recall but many of the models I remember are discontinued or defunct now. There's also a lot more competition too! So, as the title says, what's the best gimbal(s) out there for a RED One MX in 2017?
 
I think it being 10lbs body only and being a very long camera work against you in this sense. Is there any world where a steadicam operator would be possible? I wonder if there's any way to shoehorn the R1 onto a Movi Pro....really the Movi XL looks like the right fit (but also starting at about $20k). Might be one of those rental situations to get an R1 flying reliably.
 
Back
Top